12/03/2015

travel2japan: #2 Organization stuff

Hey guys!
So, I was to Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some backround information:
I was to Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)


#2 Organization stuff
Real date: March 4th

Then I discussed the whole thing with my parents, who both disaprproved the idea of me spending one year in Japan. I kept reducing my demands and thinking of new plans. So, from september to the year's end we discussed a lot and didn't come to a real conclusion, until I took matters into my own hand. One evening, I just asked my mother and send a short application to DFSR and a e- mail with a question about their exchange program to iSt. I guess, this was basically the time, I signed on a Japanese course as well. (I can't tell you how much I worried about this language but we'll come to this later)
So, I had send a more or less instructive application to DFSR.
This was followed by some calls by Mrs. B, the employee responible for exchanges to Japan, what should somehow be a pre- application. Eventually, I arranged an interview date with a returnee, what I worried pretty much about (thanks to my great black dog).
So, one saturday's afternoon Mr. L came to our house (what was polished by me) and talked with me about my environment, family, friends, interests and reasons for a student exchange. Questions about Japan weren't asked, what really surprised me, as I tried to memorize the wikipedia article about Japan.
I had a pretty good feeling about this interview and the confortably relaxing feeling, that I achieved "something big". (this time, I didn't yet know, how much "big things" I still had to do).
I waited for an answer extremely excited. Instead, queries came. Queries, mainly about my hay fever. I probably said "I have only a little hay fever in spring and I don't take or need any medicine" often enough for my whole life.


I hope, you liked this part.
<-- previous part (#1 How everything started) 
next part (#3 serious organization buisness) -->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!