1/03/2016

travel2japan #4 the preparation meeting

Hey guys!
So, I was to Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some backround information:
I was to Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

#4the preparation meeting 
Real date: March 7th

The preparation meeting was.. multifarious. It was somehow very exhausting but excellent, funny, informative, partly boring as well and one got to know new very much people very fast.
My fear was, as so oft, completely unreasonable, but I'm good at freaking out because of things that are void.
A lot of things were talked about; expectations, tips, responsibility, homesickness, visa, passport, culture, ideas, rules, prohibition and the reknown culture shock.
I met a lot of cool people there, among others Karina, who's flying with me to Japan.
After that (the preparation meeting) there were, as during the whole year before my departure, queries, mails, telephone calls, etc.
About the mid of februrary, I got told my host family. They're livin in Chiba, near TOkyo (40 minutes with the local train). I've already started writing mails with my host family politely and a little impersonally but they're very kind.
By the way I was to berlin in Janurary (it was GREAT, check it out here). After that, I started jogging and studying vocablurary with Anki very intensively. Furthermore, I started packing my backpack and adjusting things for school and doing that kind of stuff..

I hope, you liked this part
<--previous part (#3 serious organization buisness)
next part (#5 right before the departure: school and family)-->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!