1/04/2016

travel2japan #5 right before the departure: school and family

Hey guys!
So, I was to Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some backround information:
I was to Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

#5 right before the departure: school and family 
Real date: March 14th

It's saturday. In one week, I'm sitting in the plane to Istanbul, right before it's arrival and my switching. In the last days, I fought often with my father, who thinks, he knows everything. I decided to not send him a postcard. Hard luck. I already thought about (not so conductive) what I'll miss about Germany. And I thought, what I did the in last year, my "Japan- organization- year": 1.Studied Japanese 2.Organized Japan (the journey). I can't remember anything else, this year was somehow a wast of time. Since I decided to go to Japan, I can remember two happy (really happy moments): 1.vd14 (videoday 2014 in cologne) 2.Berlin (read about it here). I'm looking forward to Japan but I actually look more forward to returning home. If I write each day in Japan two sites in this diary, this book willl be full. Whether that's enough..
Sunday: In the (preparation) booklet (I got from my host organization), it was said, that it's helpful to have a personal goal. That would be Japanese for me: JLPT N4. Actually, I'm at the N5 level, but not that good at it. I want to find out something about EM (effective microorganisms) for my aunt and join a school club. Furthermore, I want to be able to read the book, I'll bring there.
Today is monday, I fetched my visum and changed 100 € in ¥ (Yen).
Tuesday: I had a lot to do and I'm overthinking m calendar (what should that mean?!). I'm torn between pleassant anticipation and fear.
Wednesday: The last time Japanese lessons. I brought muffins an let everybody write a "message" in my calendar. The last chemistry lesson. By way of variation, somebody said once "Good, that you remembered it".

I hope, you liked this part
<--previous part (#4 the preparation meeting)
next part(#6 right before the departure: friends and lists)-->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!