1/05/2016

travel2japan #6 right before the departure: friends and list

Hey guys!
So, I was to Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some backround information:
I was to Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

#6 right before the departure:  friends and list
Real date: March 19th

Thursday: Today, a lot of people from my school wrote in my calendar. I already know, that Andrew draw a (so- called) Gentle Whale. Futrthermore, I had the farewell lunch with my friends. This time, I recognized, that I'll probably be missed. Before, I somehow thought: "Okay, my family will miss me because it's my family but apart from this.. well.." But my friends really put a lot of effort in it; There were muffins made by Laura and carot cake in heart- form made by Michelle. And tea. Then I got a photo album from Laura an all of my friends gave my a book, a lot of people wrote in. So adorable!
I want to bring the following books to Japan: my diary(this one), my calender (for writing something in and because I'm stranded without it) and this friendship book, where then (hopefully) my Japanese friends will write something in as well. I want to write an expectation- letter to myself in there as well.
I thought of fours lists: 1. ten things, I'll miss about Germany the most (order isn't important) 1.a lot of freetime in the afternoom 2. My mummy 3. tinkering Fimo 4. discussing things with the parents (and not just accepting everything) 5. Ben (my brother) 6.riding the bike and jogging 7.the ability to sew!! 8. free WLAN 9. my room 10.the library 11. youtube (added) (Seen from retrospect, this list is very stupid. If I'd have really liked this things so much a could have made them possible in Japan too with some effort. about 80 percent of this list is available in Japan as well)
2. ten things, I look the most forward to in Japan 1. the Tokyo- trip 2.Japanese lessons, as much as I want 3. the flight (yes the flight) 4. Crazy styles 5. school uniforms 6. school clubs 7. kawaii- stuff in the shops 8. modern buildings 9. minimalism (WTF) 10. my host family (So, this things didn't come true completely. I couln't actually enjoy the (two hour) trip in Harajuku, because I was too stingy to buy anything at all. Unfortunately, I had to learn Japanese by myself, what I wasn't very happy about, because a lot of other exchange students could participate in special Japanese classes at their schools. The rest of the list sums up my modest and narrow- minded perspective about Japan very well. And I don't know, what this minimalism point should mean)
3. ten things, I'm happy about getting rid of 1. stupid people at my school 2. latin 3. discussions with my father (what I actually meant was fighting with my father/ losing this discussions) 4. few pocket money (this point is both wrong and unthankful. Even though I had to buy a lot of things, I actually got a lot of pocket money, Obviously, I got more in Japan, but it wasn't the case, that my parents gave me too few money at all!) 5. scout- Chantal (a bitch from my scout's group) 6.classtests 7. lazieness 8.my mothers (over-) curiousness 9.acclimatizing (I don't get this point as all. As I wasa kinda guest in Japan, I had to acclimatize even more. What I may've mean was acclimatizing according to my clothing style)  10.dirt
4.Ten things I'm afraid of in Japan: 1. The preparation meeting (I was specifically afraid for the "Japanese test" there) 2.My councillor (because she has the power to make me return home) 3. Getting sacked 4. money problems 5. Japanese problems (this was my very biggest fear) 6. No friends 7. (unreadable)ing in school (I think it shold mean "No orientiering in school) 8. No Japanese skliss improvement 9. too much to do 10. fighting with my biological paraents (I was really freaking out because I had so much worries and anxieties. A lot of it didn't came true or I was able to solve the problems- you'll hear about this later! But I worried especally about my own Japanese speaking ability so much!)


I hope, you liked this part
<--previous part (#5  right before the departure: school and family )
next part(#7 last day before the departure)-->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!