1/15/2016

travel2japan #8: the morning before

Hey guys!
So, I was to Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some backround information:
I was to Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

#8 the morning before
Real date: March 21th

Somehow, I then told my brother to go to sleep. He was acting so slowly (because of his mobile), that I got upset, because I wanted that I say him Good Night and and turn off the light and go to bed simultaneously with him so badly. We then, however, did so. Yesterday,  the whole day after school,  I walked around nervously and somebody came into my room, but it didn't bother me. I wanted to draw out every moment with my family, every hug, every kiss like chewing gum, I wanted to makethe most possible of it. The minutes crawled over the floor like snails, but the evening was over so soon. 
In bed, I cried a bit. I tried to think of something else, but about what else could you think, if you are going to drive 4 1/2 moth to a faraway country the next day? I, somehow, was distracted from this thoughts and felt vrey warm. I made a list of things, I am looking forward to O falling asleep O the next morning: sitting in the car, being ready O accomplishing the check- in O the flight O Arriving in the (soft landing) camp and sleeping O being done with the camp O my host family and the first days with them O being done with the first week at my hostfamily's place O Being done with the first week of school O the first car (I got myself 5 choclate cars (they were old christmas sweets in sale), that I ate one at the end of every month, I accomplished) O the homeward journey (I ticked each of this boxes, when they were accomplished and it helped me focussing on the next goal. I only had not ticked the homeward journey box yet. I am now going to so this.)
I think, that I would have fallen asleep then, but suddenly my go- to- bed- alarm ringed. It was 8 o'clock in the evening. I turned off the alarm and fell asleep.
When my parents came home (they were to some kind of event that night), I woke up again (because of my light sleep and my excitement). I don't know, whether they came into my room. After that, however, I actually felt asleep. (I remember this sleep as a very peaceful one for some reason)

I hope, you liked this part
<--previous part (#7 last day before departure)
next part(coming soon)-->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!