1/15/2016

travel2japan #9 the first flight I

Hey guys!
So, I was to Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some backround information:
I was to Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

#9 the first flight I
Real date: March 21th

For the next morning, I had set my alarm each 5 minutes from four to half past four. But this was one hour too late! We wanted to stand up at half past three, just before four, my father came intp my room and woke me up friendly. The think with my (wrong) alarm was not bad at all. (I had expected my father to get worked up because of the wrong alarm) Because Lisa wanted to come at 20 past four, I showered hastily, plaited my hair and got ready. I only ate because it was offered to me; I was sick. Then I packed in the last stuff and we went off punctual at 20 for five.
The car drive was beautiful, I sat between Lisa and Ben and there was not much talking. I saw the darkness and the consistent rumbling and absorbed it.
At the airport (I car park ticket 4,30€!) we first waited a while till the baggage claim opened. My travel pass was technically my air ticket, and when I produced it, I got my air ticket as an actual card. I was so frightened that this would not work somehow. I also already got the ticket for the connection flight and we asked one more time; yes, my baggage is send to Japan. (I furthermore remembered, that my mother and Lisa talked about other flights shown at the airport, what really annoyed me. I thought, it has been a mistake to take Lisa to the airport)
Then we went to gate C30, through which only me ould go. We then waited till 6:02 (We wanted to wait till 6 o'clock but we somehow prologed it a bit). Then I said "goodbye" to everyone and hugged everyone and kissed my family. I almost started crying. Then, however, I went through the gate, showed my air ticket ang got my handluggage checked. At this time, I still could see my family through  a milky glass panel. I then waved a last time and went to the passport control. Then they were gone.
After the (travel) passport control, I was in this huge (duty- free) shopping are. Again, I almost cryed. I went around and waited the time to pass. I still had one hour and 35 minuted till my departure! ( I do not really know, how I spent this time. I remember going around hastily and nervously and aimless. I went to the toilet a couple of times and I tryed to distract myself by looking around in the shops.)
I then somehow calmed down a bit. I sat down in the waiting area and waited at a seat and started writing diary. There was really often an announcement because a flight was leaving, but not everyone was there yet. (This was kinda funny, because it was said like four times). Then there was the announcement, that our boarding will begin. I bundled my things and went in, to seat 16 D, unfortutately not at the window but in the middle!
Oh, this was wrong. I actually did sit down at seat 17 D inadvertendly. Some women talked to me in Turkish and I just said "I'm sorry." I somehow did not care (I think, she was really upset), probably because I did not understand her. At this time, I thought that I now will have to bid farewell to German. All announcements here are in Turkish or in turkish English, I so not understand it at least.
Writing diary, however, really made me calm down. Here (in the plane) a lot of people are speaking Turkish. The important information were in Turkish, English and German. The security information are visible as a video on a screen as well, where you can see the plane's position at a map. (I mean, this is probably in every larger plane the case, but for me, it was something really new and fascinating). I am getting a littly hungry, what hopefully means, that I am calming down. When the plane is in the air, I'll start eating the choclate, my mama gave me. <3

I hope, you liked this part
<--previous part (#8 the morning before)
next part(#10 the first flight II)-->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!