3/23/2016

travel2japan #18 Japanese TV and shopping

Hey guys!
So, I was to Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some backround information:
I was to Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

#18 Japanese TV and shopping
Real date: March 28th
Today, the TV drama series ended(I watched the last part). Because it is saturday, Kouta san will stay in the house. In TV, I watched a big show. It was pretty and there was music. We went to an old museum. There, we saw old war uniforms and a lot of other diffrent things. After that, we went to a restaurant, but I forgot my purse. But Wakari san and Kouta san handed in the money for my food. We ate so called 'soba'. These are cold noodles. The souce was seasoned.
Then, we went back home. There we cleaned and vacuumed the house. Then, Kouta san went to the gym. Still, I fold my hands before meals, but we do not pray. Now, Wakari san is calling someone. She sends me some pictures per mail. I studied kanji. Because the cat was hungry, it bit me(it is okay, not hurting very much). Wakari san and I went shopping. The shopping mall is very close to our house. We go there every day. I bought a kanji training notebook and hair ties. In the supermarket, you could get water for free. When we came back, there was a package for me. What?! It was a phone. This went fast. I got told everyone's phone numbers. The phone is okay. We put a table in my room, where Wakari san offered (demanded) me to study at.
Today is the last day of winter. (It is the start of the blossom of Sakura flowers) Because of this, we had a huge bottom of food, form which we put the food on out plates. It was tasty!
One week ago, I fle to Japan with the plane. This time went fastly but a looot of things happened! I like writing this. I hope, I will not forget it. Soon, there is the Sakura blossom feast!
In Japanese TV,  I saw a (famous?) movie. Japanese people are so polite, they often (do something polite..?)
Before me, an exchange student from Italy stayed with my host family for 4 month. They(my host family) are often talking about her. They say, because I talk a lot, I will learn about Japanese culture. I think, I am lucky with my host family.
I eat a looot here. Wakari san is napping now, typically Japanese ;)
Today's food was tasty. But, because I say this at every meal, my host family started asking: 'Really?'

I hope you enjoyed that post!
<-- Previous post (#17 some thoughts about Japan)
Next post (#19 Sakura blossom festival) --> 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!