3/24/2016

travel2japan #19 Sakura blossom festival


Hey guys!
So, I was to Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some backround information:
I was to Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

#19 Sakura blossom festival
Real date: March 29th

This night, I somehow wake up at 2 a.m. thinking it was morning. It was 7:50 in the morning, when I went into the kitchen after wenting to th bathroom. Yesterday. I went to the bathroom earlier. The breakfast here is tasty!! I love the bread.(fluffy and white)
After that, I studied kanji. I started working with the notebook, I bought yesterday. Wakari san explained something to me.
We went to a Sakura blossom festival. This was amazing! There was a lake, flowers and shops. After that, we went to an old temple. It was big and interesting. There was a big bell.
I still fold my hands before meals. Every time before Kouta san returns, we clean. Wakari san and Kouta san answer a lot of my questions in english. (This often really saddened me)
To the Sakura blossom festival, I did not brought my phone. I always bring it with me. After we went in the temple, we ate udon noodles. It was very tasty!
Here (till now) we always ate out. I want to pay, but my host family pays for me. They are very nice but I do not know, whether this is okay.
Yesterday, I showed Wakari san my school uniform. She said, it is good.
Now, I am watching (a pice of) One Piece in TV. It is something about Sabo and an old man.
My jetlag is over :). Here in the house, it is sometimesshaking a bit but I do not understand, why (because of... earthquakes?!)
Now, Wakari san is not here and Kouta san is doing something in the garden. After Wakari san's nephew came today, I washed my clothes.
Because I like lists:
things, I stupidly brought here: two (!) pairs of sport shoes, my own chopsticks, a photo album (what was adviced us to bring to the orientation camp), three (!) cups of cream, shoe cleaning stuff, washing powder
things, I should have better brought with me:
a sponge, shampoo, more hair ties, more underwear, a small bag (I just had a big one and my luggage), stockings
I think, that's all.
In Germany, I was always the first to finish my food whereas in Japan, I am often the last. Probably, it is because of the chopsticks.
Wakari san's nephew came. They talked, drank coffee and are now going out for a walk.
The cat is sometimes hungry, but food is given to it only at the exact time. When Wakari san's nephew was there, the cat went on the table and Kouta san beat its tail. (The treatment of this cat was kind of scary) The cat immediately left, but it did not understand.
Kouta san said, that my Japanese will improve when I find friends at school. I hope so..
A page of my dictionary ripped off.  :( I think, now, the honeyman stage is ending (though it was not very a honeyman stage)
Till now, I have been using only the new smartphone, what has a clock and a camera.
Another list: Things, I like aboout Japan:
Obentous, the TV, breakfast, one- coint store, going shopping, the pens, the most food, udon noodles, Genki (the cat), shoudo(kalligraphy), my school uniform, the beach, Sakura flowers, Tokyou, cute stuff, not having so much stuff, animes, the(warm) shower, the tidiness, shrines and temples, the toilets, advertisements, face masks,... (till now) (and I say, I am over the honeymoon stage...)
This is my dream! My reality! <3
Now, Wakari san is sending me pictures. How nice!!
Japanese people are always very mental (What the..) When we were to the sports center, Wakari informed my about it in a speech longer that 10 minutes. My mother talkes rather shortly. Japanese people often talk about 'aims' and 'dreams'.
Kouta san is often stroking his hair. (This really annoyed me)
Wakari san brought us sweets of a company called 'Yokumoku' as a present! They are tasty!
In Japanese TV, there are often letters at the screen. I like it! When people speak in TV, they often speak to a lot of microphones bounded together.
In Japan, threre are a lot of American things. Japanese people like symboles and figures.

I hope you liked this part!
<-- Previous part (#18 Japanese TV and shopping)
Next part --> (#20 e-mail issues & the library)


No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!