3/29/2016

travel2japan #24 Ginza

source

Hey guys!
So, I was to Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some backround information:
I was to Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

#24 Ginza
Real date: April 3rd, Friday

Today, we will go to Ginza! Yesterday, I finished reading 'Little Lotte'. From now, I will read the magazine 'Lemon Pie'.
Today morning, I woke up at the right time and prepared early. Until breakfast, I studied Kanji for about one hour. The breakfast here is always so tasty(Today it was bread and healthy vegetable juice, apple pieces, scrambled eggs and vegetables ). Somehow, I still was hungry after it. After breakfast, I cleaned up. Wakari san vacuum cleaned downstairs, I cleaned the stairs and my own room.
Wakari san cam eto me but I do not really understand. Before, she said that I will not go, because of the rain, after that she gave me a map of Ginza and told me not to forget my coat. What?We will go there at 1:20.
Now, I look up the JLPT N4/N5 test data with the computer. For lunch, we had rice adn vegetable soup.
Wakari san told me, that travelling to Ginza will cost about 2,700 Yen (~24 Dollars) (very expensive..) and gave me a train card (I should return it in July). I did not really understand all this. Then we went off. I took my coat with me but it was not cold. In Mobara, I withdrew about 3,000 Yen (27 Dollars). At the station, you can even buy drinks with the train card! The Japanese stations are funny. You put your train card or ticket in a slot in the passage, it opens, you go through and your card or ticket comes through the slot of this side, the money withdrew from it. At the plattform, everybody is lining up for the train.
We arrived in Ginza. This is a very big, modern town. There are a lot of European or American stores, such as Abercrombie&Fitch, H&M, Apple, Guchi or Prada... Wakari san wanted to show me everything. We went into a department store with a big elevator. Wakari san got me a map of the store. At about 4 o'clock, Wakari san went to her Calligraphy class and I went through Ginza, There are a lot of clothing stores. In a big department store, I bought a bread. I went around to see everything. Ginza is amazing but very Western. At about half past 5, I met Wakari san. I could go and see her Calligraphy class. Everyone is sitting on chairs and drawing. At the front there is the teacher. When I went in, the teacher said: 'Ohh, cute!'. I got shown a lot of Calligraphies, they are amazing. (One women decided which of her drawings she liked best and hang them up at the blackboard to decide. They often drew the same Calligraphy over and over again to improve their drawing).
After that, Wakari san and me went in a store, where we bought a small bread. It was stuffed bread, I chosed cheese cream for my stuffing.  I was tired and hungry, when we went back with the train, what took about 2 hours.
In Mobara, we went to a supermarket, where Wakari san bought whine. In the supermarket near our house, we bought obentos (lunchboxes). After 7 o'clock, all obentos there are 50% sale- very cheap. The supermarket is open till 12 o'clock! At home, we heated up the obentos and ate tehm. The whole obento was tasty. The bread was tasty as well.
Somehow, I have nightmares more frequently here; 1.) Wakari san is there. She is looks up and has two heads (WTF) 2.) I am in a store. While buying something, I am eating chocolate. At the register, I want to pay the chocolate as well but the person there is upset. I am paniced and flee out of the store, searching for a slope to hang myself (Seriously, WTF) 3.) I am in Harajuku. Two girls are walking behind me. One wants to take a picture (with me). I speak German but the girl keeps demanding. I run away. (Really not nice dreams)


I hope, you enjoyed this post!
<--Previous post (#23 meeting my school)

Next post (#25 tasty meals & my bathing experience)--> 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!