3/31/2016

travel2japan #25 tasty meals & my bathing experience


Hey guys!
So, I was to Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some backround information:
I was to Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

#25 tasty meals & my bathing experience
Real date: April 4th, Saturday

Yesterday evening, we ate out. We went to the station, where Wakari san somehow bought a special ticket (for the Shinkansen, the fastest train) and there, you had to get a number from a kind of machine, One women asked (in Japanese) 'Where did you get the numbers?'. I understood and answered: 'There', pointing at the machine. The women said: 'Thank you'. A conversatoin in Japanese! :) After that, we went to a gyudon noodles restaurant (because I read a book about Japanese gyudon noodles). I ate cheese- gyudon, it was tasty! But I like ra-men better.
Last night, I often wake up but I was tired.
Today morning, I woke up at 7:40, too late. After that, I hurried up to go to eat breakfast. Today's breakfast was: salad, scrumbled eggs, vegetable juice and bread. I ate a small slice of bread with natto (fermented soy beans). Here, I eat meat with (almost) every meal.
After that, we went shopping at 'Biggu Hausu' (Big House). We bought onigiri (rice balls) and bread, tasty. When we went home, I was tired, so I napped for 20 minutes. Now, I am not tired at all.
Wakari san went to daiso (one-coint-store). Because my host family often speaks English with me, I also speak English. I want to speak Japanese! :( Wakari san said, she wants to read one page of my diary.
At half past five, Wakari san made dinner. Because we usually ate at about 7 o'clock, I was a little astonished and asked, why we eat earlier today. Immediately Wakari san and Kouta san came up to me, asking whether I had a problem with eating earlier. It was just a question! I said 'It's okay, it's okay.'. Somehow, we still ate at 7 o'clock. Dinner was: strawberries (<3), salad, rice (curry rice), meat and meat sauce. This was spicy, but very tasty! Here, almost every meal is very, very, very tasty :)
Wakari san and Kouta san talked about the school. I am excited about it.
Today, there was a bit rain. I think, today is the end of the Sakura season. Somehow, Wakari san and Kouta san like my diary and think, it is funny.
Here, the TV is on almost all day. Today, Kouta san spent almost the whole day watching TV! Here, one day seems longer than back home (I still agree that the time in Japan somehow passed more slowly). Wakari san often sleeps in front of the TV.
Because I ate so much, my stomach was very full and hurt. Because I get hungry quickly, I eat very much at each meal.
Today, I took a bath, I love Japanese baths! But the water was too hot and I was in there too long, so afterwards I felt dizzy. First, I really liked it but then I started feeling not so well. I went out and faltered and staggered and sweated heavily. I was very tired. I waited a bit, then I said good night to Kouta san. In bed, I was happy that it was cold at the beginning. Now, I am almost feeling normal again.

I hope you liked that post!
<--Previous part ( #24 Ginza)

Next part (#26 a shopping mall & my Japanese)-->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!