4/01/2016

travel2japan #26 a shopping mall & my Japanese

Hey guys!
So, I was to Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some backround information:
I was to Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

#26 a shopping mall & my Japanese
Real date: April 5th, Sunday

This morning, I got up on time, but as Wakari san is going somewhere (by train) today, she stood up early and was in the bathroom,so I played with the cat a little.

Wakari san ate breakfast. She made none for me but she said that Kouta san will make it. I drank ocha (green tea). Then Kouta san made rice. I asked whether he will make onigiri (rice balls) but he said,we will eat bread. The breakfast ws tomato, cucumber, a piece of  sausage, salad, scrumbled eggs. Wakari san ate bread but I ate an onigiri. The ocha is very sweet. I started communicating a bit in Japanese.
I am writing more in my diary than I would have presumed, so in about one month I will need a new diary book.
Kouta san said that he thinks I am bored by just reading all day, so we went to a big shopping mall. There were more than 150 shops. A lot of them selled 'kawaii' (cute) stuff. I also saw pancaked with ice cream. We ate Omuraisu (rice omlette), it was soooo tasty! I did not buy anything. It rained a bit. Kouta san always went behind me (what was a little annoying)
For some reason when I read books is Japanese, my Japanese is not improving at all. I do not understand why.
Now, Kouta san went to the gym and will come back in about two hours, I think.Kouta san returned and we went to the station, where we picked up Wakari san.
This evening, we ate obentos (lunchboxes). I chosed a sushi- obento, but I did not like it that much. After that, I got odango from Kouta san. It were two green, small, tasty balls. Wakari san asked me, which backpack I want to take to school. I do not really understand, but I think, Kouta san and Wakari san said at the dinner table that my Japanese has improved. Wakari san again said that she wants to read my diary.. :/
For tomorrow (my first schoolday) we made a plan when who is going to use the bathroom. I have 15 minutes in the bathroom. Now, we are watching a lended DVD. It is a Korean drama with Japanese subtitles. The subtittles appeared very quickly so I was not really able to read them.  I did understand nothing at all ;) But I think, Japanese and Korean culture resemble each other a bit. After about half the film, Kouta chased the cat (for fun).
After I returned from Ginza on friday, I layed on my bed and listend to my music for the first time here. I listened to '900 Meilen' (900 miles) my homesickness- song (although I am not homesick). In Ginza, I also saw a women wearing Decora fashion. It was so cute! I love this Japanese styles!

I hope you liked that post!
<--Previous part ( #25 tasty meals & my bathing experience)

Next part--> (#27 my first schoolday)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!