4/03/2016

travel2japan #28 shopping on a free day

Hey guys!
So, I was to Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some backround information:
I was to Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

#28 shopping on a free day
Real date: April 7th, Tuesday

(Today, there are no classes in school) It is raining very much. Because the cat was so hungry, it meowed the entire morning. Here, the toilet paper is so thin! Yesterday, some Japanese girls said that my stomach is so flat.
Because it was so cold, Wakari san brought in a kind of warming machine.
Today, Wakari san is going to the university. She wents to Tokyo for about 2 hours, lectures there one and a half hour and then goes back another two hours. So, she is not home from 11am to 4pm. Because she will not be there, I have to make my own lunch.
Wakari san went shopping, but she returned very soon.
Because I often watch children's TV, I now know one of it's songs almost by heart. Now, Wakari has did the laundry, so I will do mine.
When we were to Ginza, Wakari san said, that Abercrombie&Fitch would suit my style(?)
Now, I am writing a letter to my family back home. I want to send it on saturdays.
I usually do one chapter of Kanji training each day, but as I was to school yesterday, I did not. But because I am not to school today, I will do it.
Wakari san has left. I studied a bit and then went to daiso (one-coint store) where I bought a present for my little brother. I bought three things, that I want to send him for his confirmation in May.
I also went to the bookstore. There, I saw a funny One Piece and Rilakkuma pencil case as well as copic markers for 205 yen each. (That's about 2 Euros. Here, they cost about 5 Euros). While shopping, I wore a mask. It is convenient (and pretty)
In a drug store, I bought a bread. At home, I ate the bread with jam and prepared the presents for my brother.
Then, I searched the internet for the JLPT N4 and N5 grammar. The internet here is slow, but it's okay.
At 4 o'clock, I fed the cat.
Somehow, I only studied a bit Japanese today. Tomorrow, I will study Japanese for one hour in the library (where is it?).
Wakari san said she would come home at half past 4 but she came at 5:15. Because Japanese people use to be very on time, I was a bit worried. I wrote a message to Wakari san but she did not take her phone with her. When she then eventually returned, I was faciliated.
Wakari san often said: 'I am sorry'. I think she was late because of the train.
Todays dinner was raw fish, salad, vegetables and onigiri (rice balls). The desert was icecream. Tasty!
I was told that the current school uniform is the winter uniform. So, the other one is the summer/ autumn uniform, I guess. So, the winter uniform consist of knee socks, a skirt to the knees, a blouse, a top and a jacket. In the winter! The knees are nacked! But a lot of students said that they do not like their uniform.
video
Esters English is better than mine but she cannot speak Japanese.
In TV, there are a lot of talk shows, where Wakari san often laughs while watching. Because the TV shows are interesting, I often get distracted by them.
I may want to cut my hair to bangs.
This evening, there was an earthquake. We watched TV and Wakari san slept a bit. Then, the whole place shaked a bit. Then it was over. Somehow, the earthquake was funny.
I like the TV drama 'Mare'.
My first schoolday yesterday was interesting.

I hope you liked this part!
<--Previous Part (#27 my first schoolday)
Next Part--> (#29 my first really confusing schoolday)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!