4/06/2016

travel2japan #30 about school and students


Hey guys!
So, I was to Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some backround information:
I was to Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

#30 about school and students
Real date: April 9th, Thursday

Last night was very cold. When I woke up, me feet were freezing. I had a weird dream; I dreamed, I would have returned to Germany but was sad, because I still could not speak Japanese very well and then I remembered that I had want to come home in July.

me in the library
The breakfast was tasty and I am looking forward to my obento. Somehow, every homeroom time starts with some instructions. But I never get the sheets. Today, I think I want to try out photography club. Somehow, I want to buy a lot of things in the shopping center in the near; copic markers, things from Rilakkuma, Little Twin Stars and my Melody. There, a lot of things are cheaper.
Almost all student's rubbers are from a brand called 'MONO'. Students also carry a lot of diffrent bags around, they have for example a bag for their obentos.
Now, I am for the first time in the library. The English teacher showed me and Amber the school; the craft's room, music room, calligraphy room and the  Fine Arts room. But now, I have almost forgot every location. The school building has four stories.
Every lesson longs for only 45 minutes but it ofte feels like longer.
Here, almost all female students have 'kawaii'- stuff. They often possess cute pens, pencils, stickers, bags, notebooks and rulers. I want those things, too!
I lend a book about Japanese culture from the library and went to the craft's room (without getting lost!), where we made origami. It was fun. One girl gave me an origami, she made. She gave us instructions for the next craft's project; we will create a basket. After the lesson, she showed me the way back in the library.
clubs making advertisement
After that, I went to my classroom, where I ate my obento. It was rice, fish, meatballs, a vegetable I do not know the name of, eggs. It was made up very pretty. One of the girls, I ate with had an exetremely small obento with her- isn't she hungry?! One girl asked me, what I think about Japanese guys. I sayed, that they are pretty yet shy so I do not really know much about them. SHe asked me if I have a boyfriend and when I denied, everyone went 'Ooh..' and she sayed that she thinks, I am pretty.
After lunch, I went to the gym, but I did not have gym clothes, so I went in my uniform. There, some instructions were made for the firstgraders. The two- and thirdgraders returned to their classrooms, but Amber and me stayed. There, every club made a self- introuduction (a presentation). This was really amazing! It was good and interesting and I relly liked it. Everyone really did their best.
Then, we left the gym. Outside, it was full of people advertising for their clubs. Everyone had (pretty) sheets of theirs clubs, they gave us. It was great! Someone shouted 'Hopey' and I got a lot of sheets. In the school buildings staircase, some people from my class made advertisement for their ESS club. I joined them. We holded up posters and shouted 'We are ESS'. Other people joined us and made advertisement for their band club, it was really fun! (memories..)
making advertisement on the stairs
Amber was first with us, but she left after a while. We went in the classroom (after all the firstgraders were gone). A girl had sweets with her and gave it to everyone- so nice! This often happens in Japan- it's a nice country.
We talked a bit (I particulary remember a scene: One person there had a kind of English- speaking app and everyone tried to say 'Thursday' (with a 'TH') and I sayed it as well, but the app did not really recognize it) and then they guided me to the calligraphy classroom. There, some new firstgraders introuduced themselves. Together, we ate some sweets, they were tasy!
The calligraphy club is till half past five and Wakari san said it is okay for me to come home at this time.
After going home, we talked a bit. Because Wakari san will not make my obento tomorrow, I will have to buy one.
What? Already half the diary is full. This was fast. I came to Japan 20 days ago now, in which I wrote 76 pages. I have kind of arrived in Japan but I still not feel like I am really here. It is interesting.

I hope, you liked this part!
<-- Previous part (travel2japan #29 my first really confusing school day )
Next part--> (#31 P.E. & calligraphy class)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!