4/07/2016

travel2japan #31 P.E. & calligraphy class


Hey guys!
So, I was to Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some backround information:
I was to Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

#31 P.E & calligraphy class
Real date: April 10th, Friday

Sometimes, I only understand Japanese people if they are speaking Japanese, because their explainations in English are a little...
Today morning, Ithouoght, I got up at 6:50, but in reality it was 5:50. This night's dream was weird. I dreamed something about a song.
After the tasty breakfast today morning, I went to school. Before homeroom time started, the teacher explained my locker to me and two girls showed it to me. After homeroom class, I went to the library to study, but as Amber was there, too we almost only talked. After that, I had physical education but I still had no sportwear and did not know, where to go. So, I went to the front of the gym. There, I saw a lot of people from my class (in gym clothes) going into the gym. They explained to me, where they changed their clothes and we went to to gym. I put my back to one side and went to the other students. First, we stood in line. Then we trained a bit basketball and volleyball. Japanese student are very good at sports. I asked the teacher and it is okay for me to come in my own sports clothes.
eating lunch
After that, I went to calligraphy class. The teacher only explained stuff and handed out papers.
After that, I went to the seven- eleven- shop and bought an obento. There, I met a teacher, whoo told me that she just leads the swimming club. :) I ate at the school. There, I honestly saw people taking pictures with a selfie stick.
After lunch, we went to the gym room. There, teachers, who leave the school were said goodbye to. Every teacher ave a speach about their experience. It was long.
After that, I went to the calligraphy club. Ther is a girl, who always wants to speak English. We sat down together and ate sweets with the new firstgraders. Somehow, we only talk and eat at this club. The seccondgraders played 'janken' (stone, paper, scissors); I won one time and lost one time.
Because there is still a lot of school stuff, I do not have, I went to daiso (one- coint store) after school. My whole purchases were about 1.000 yen (9 dollars), but I only had a 10.000 yen (90 dollars) banknote with me. But it was okay. There, I got my firt 5 yen coin (lucky coin)! After that, I ran back home. There, I talked about school.
At the gym building (after the goodbye- ceremony), my homeroom teacher gave me a small card to write a message on. This card will be copied and given to everyone ate the school. So, I wrote this paper after I came homw (with the help of Wakari san).
The dinner was tasty. For desert, we ate some chocolate of my host present (Ritter Sport chocolete). I explained the name to Wakari san, she liked it. We also at a 'Kinder Riegel'.
Kouta san returned. I took a shower and went in my room. There, I unpacked the school stuff, I have bought.

I hope, you liked this part!
<-- Previous part (#30 about school and students)
Next part ( #32 A saturday with noodles)--> 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!