4/08/2016

travel2japan #32 A saturday with noodles

source
Hey guys!
So, I was to Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some backround information:
I was to Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

#32  A saturday with noodles
Real date: April 11th, Saturday

Today morning, I opened my eyes at 6:30 but I got up at 7 o'clock. Somehow, my pigtails is not very pretty.  Today's breakfast was tomatos, cucumber, salad, bread with jam and vegetable juice, tasty! I saw Wakari san preparing the vegetable juice, she puts in milk and honey.
Today, I want to finish the message card and vacuum clean my room. I cleaned my room as well as the stairs. Afer we had cleaned up the whole house, we went for s(These are very thick, cubical noodles in a soup). Then, we went to a French shop, where I could choose an icecream. Wakari san and Kouta san bought whine and fruit juice.
hopping. I wanted to send my letter, but the post did not open at Saturdays and Sundays. After that, we ate udon noodles
At home. we ate the icecream. Wakari san and Kouta san are going to the gym, they will return at about 4 o'clock.
I finished the message card and drew 'Rilakkuma' and 'Little Twin Stars' on it. Then, I wrote an answer to my counselor. At daiso (one-coint-shop) I met a firstgrader from my school. Together, we went to the bookstore and to my house. Then, she returned (to the station). It wa fun, but I was a little self- conscious.
Little Twin Stars
I read a bit. Somehow, I slept for one and a half hous (I wanted to sleep for 15 minutes). I am now using the pen, I recently bought (it has 4 colors). At the PC, I searched a bit about 'Rilakkuma' and 'Little Twin Stars', they are so cute!
Wakari san and Kouta san returned (about 15 minutes too late). We ate chips while watching TV. Inbetween, Wakari san or Kouta san slept for a while.
I think, the day after tomorrow, Wakari san will show me how to make onigiri(rice balls).
Japanese girls often have a lot of cute or colorful pendants on their bags. Also, eveybody here knows (and likes) anime. Girls all like shoujo anime. The band club, I made advertisement with, really reminded me of K.ON(an anime).
At my former shoe bag it is written: 'Always look your best'. In my mind, it should be: 'Always do your best'.
Tomorrow, Wakari san wants to explain me a paper. She almost feels like a real mother. My hostfamily often talkes about the former exchange student, Janet, who is from Japan and came here in 2014. I think, she was a good student.
Today's dinner was amazing!: sausage and tomato salad, rice, raw red fish and octupus salad, I'm so full! Wakari san said, tomorrow, we will go to the library and, if the weather is good, to a temple~ :)
At the letter for Kate, I drew Little Twin Stars (I like it *)
Today evening, I wrote a plan paperand Kouta san wanted to see it. I said 'no, no'. I think, it was okay (?). I think, I wil better write plans in my own room.

I hope, you liked this part!
<-- Previous Part (#31 P.E. & calligraphy class)
Next Part (#33 Korean meat and big buddahs) -->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!