4/09/2016

travel2japan #33 Korean meat and big buddahs


Hey guys!
So, I was to Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some backround information:
I was to Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba wit
h a host family. 

I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

#33 Korean meat and big buddahs
Real date: April 12th, Sunday



Last night, I had an interesting dream. I dreamed, I was a pirate in One Piece. Suddenly, boys came and fought us. We locked a guy in the bathroom. In there, he said, that he wants to join the strawheads. Because I liked him, I fled (?). Then, I was in my house (in Germany). I abseiled down from there quickly, but in the garden, there were my mother and my brother, They wanted to play football with me, but I did not want. But they forced me.

So my dream then was about playing soccer.
Today, I woke up at half past 7, what is too late. I was late, so I wuickly went to breakfast. It was tasty. Today, we will go to the library and probably wash (my school uniform) clothes.
Wakari san packed my book (I lended from the library) in her bag. In TV, there was a show about lifehacks, such as peeling an egg cleanly,
At 9 o'clock,  the library opens, so we will go there at about 9:45.
I think, there was a misunderstanding: Wakari san asked me, whether I want to iron my clothes now. I said, that I thought, we would go to the library now, but she then showed my how to iron (she propably asked me, whether I have ever ironed clothes before). I wanted to wash my school uniform and iron it afterwards, but somehow, I should just iron my blouses (because the other parts of the uniform do not need any ironing.)
After that, we went to the library, where I gave back my book.  Then, we went in a big, cheap shop. In there, I saw a lot of stuff from Japanese characters. Cute! Furthermore, I saw One Piece toilet paper. Seriously. Ooh, I really like Japanese cute stuff.
At home, we ate icecream, tasty! Wakari san will go shopping till 12 o'clock. Kouta san will also be away till 12 o'clock.
Now, Kouta san has returned. even though it is a bit after 12 o'clock, Wakari san is still not here. Now, I try to install LINE (Japanese Whats App) on my phone.
We went to a temple. It took us 90 minutes by car to go there. At a seven eleven, we bought some food, we ate in the car. My food was two vegetable onigiris (rice balls) (tasty, but a littly spicy), a strawberry bread (slices of bread with strawberry cream inbetween) and a sweet juice.
On the way to the temple
We arrived at the temple. There was an amazingly huge buddah statue, about 31 metres high! In front of this, we put 5 yen coints (lucky coints) in a box and prayed. We went a lot of stairs to go there and looked at a lot of things. It was interesting!
We went home. First, we went to a
souvenier shop. Cute things are literelly everywhere in Japan. I wanted to buy something there, but we just turned the direction.  We arrived at home.
At home, we watched TV and ate chips. Wakari san and Kouta san think, my diary is interesting.
 The cat always wants attention. I think, it is bored.
This evening, we went to a Korean meat restaurant for dinner. Wakari san said, we are going to fry the meat ourselves there.  We will go there at 5:10 but I was not really hungry yet.I looked forward to going there though.
Now, I am a bit hungry. ;) In TV, there is a Karaoke show. There is a lot of Karaoke here.
We went to the resaurant. There were a lot of diffrent kinds of meat as well as some salad. One ordered somthing, what was brought raw on a plate. In the middle of the table, there was a fryingbowl, where we put the meat and salad in and turned it around till it was ready to eat. When the frying bowl was to dirty, we asked for a new one.  It was tasty but at one point, the meat was seemingly still a little raw because it took me hours to bite and was not so tasty afterwards.
When we returned, Kouta san said, I should not worry about my money because Wakari san is rich (it was a joke, but it felt good) We went to the shopping mall and the bookstore.
I am looking forward to school tomorrow. In TV, there was a show about people renovating a house.
Kouta san wanted to play with the cat but it was aggressive.
Wakari san said, she will bring my letter to the post tomorrow. That is friendly.
I think, Kouta san is not a stereotypical Japanese man.
Today, we took a bath (one after another) I like it!

I hope, you liked this part!
<-- Previous part (#32 A saturday with noodles)
Next part (#34 real calligraphy club)-->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!