4/10/2016

travel2japan #34 real calligraphy club

source
Hey guys!
So, I was to Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some backround information:
I was to Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

#34 real calligraphy club
Real date: April 13th, Monday

Today, I got up at 6:45, too late, but it was still okay. 
After the tasty breakfast, Wakari san and Kouta san went with the car to the station. I went with them so I was as early as 8 o'clock at the school.
Today, I took my small pink bag and a big folder to school. It was a bit rainy.
Before school, there is somehow always papers, that are filled in by the students. I then always write in my diary. I think, Japanese students are very mature. Somehow, the bell rings twice in the morning. It rings the first time at about 8:20 and the students write somethings. Then, it rings at 8:25 for teh seccond time and the teacher comes in. A few minutes later, the director goes through the corridor, looking in each classroom. He often waves the hand towards me :) In my timetable I have P.E. twice a week and once a week Kendo (Japanese swordfighting).
I handed my homeroom teacher my mesasge card ('very pretty' :)) In the morning, the students always stand up and bow. After homeroom class, I went in the library. I usually walk over a balcony but because it rained today, students were not allowed to go there (written on a sign) I, however, managed to open the door. A teacher came across and said (in English), that I must not go there. 
Speaking is hard as ever, but I sometimes say 'Thanks' or 'Morning' to the teachers.
This week, the quote I wrote in my calendar (previously) was: 'What doesn't kills you, makes you stronger'. Reading this, I thought: 'Well, it is not too hard here.'
Now, the library teacher has entered. My next class will be biology. Last time, we had microscopes to watch something. It was amazing!
After biology, students of my class told me that they were going to the changing room to change clothes. So, I went with them. In P.E. class, the teacher talked a lot.The next class was health educaton and I understood a bit. It was about sex.
Then, I ate my obento, it was tasty. A girl of my class came to me and explained a mistake on my mesasge card to me (I had misspelled a word).
Then, I went to the library. In there, some firstgraders studied. I made a plan for my Japanese. I want to study at least three hours every day. So, I want to increase my sudy time gradually. 
My next class was music (twice as long as a normal class). The teacher explained everything to me a seccond time. She was very nice, but the class was so long.
After music class, I went to homeroom class, where my teacher gave me back my message card. 
In calligraphy club, I could finally draw. Mitsu gave me her brush. I copied letters from a calligraphy from a book. It was very funny and I forgot that I was hungry. Some girls from the club said, that my calligraphy was amazing and one even asked me for how long I am doing calligraphy. 
We talked (and ate) a bit and I went home at 5 o'clock. 
At the housedoor, I realized, that I did not have my key with me so I rang the doorbell, but nothing happened. I looked and saw Wakari sans car so I knocked a seccond time. Wakari san opened almost immediately (?). I don't understand..
Because Wakari san had send the letter to my family for me today, I gave her the money for the stamp. I also showed her my drawn calligraphy. She liked it too, but said, that I drew a lot of letters the worng way.
Today's dinner was brocoli, tomato, dried fish with cheese, tomatoes, tofu soup and self- made onigiri (rice balls). It was tasty! <3
I wrote 5 pages of diary today. I am very tired. 

I hope, you liked this part!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!