4/11/2016

travel2japan #35 misunderstandings

source

Hey guys!
So, I was to Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some backround information:
I was to Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba wit
h a host family. 

I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

#35 misunderstandings
Real date: April 14th, Tuesday

Today morning, I woke up at 5 o'clock but then I slept till 6:30. I have a (little) new studying plan: In the early morning and the late evening, I want to study in bed. Then, I can study vocabulary or grammar at my smartphone with the Anki app. Today evening, I want to write N5 grammar in there. Vocabulary is already there.

So, this morning, I was in the (warm :)) bed and studies.
The breakfast was tasty. Now, Wakari san is making my obento (lunch box). It looks really good.
Today morning, Wakari san asked me if I don't want to take my big bag to school. I eventually said 'Okay' and 'I will take my big bag to school' So, I wanted to go upstairs, but Wakari san said (in English -.-) 'You have to go to school now.' What? Why? Didn't she ask me to take the big bag?
It was a bit rainy today.
Oh, I forgot something about the orientation camp! When I was at the orientation camp from my German organization, almost everyone wanted to go to English- speaking countries: America, Australia, New Zeeland and Ireland (and Japan and Norway). At the WYS orientation, however, the students wet to all kind of countries: France, Amarica, Germany, Norway, New Zeeland.. really a lot!
My first class today was mathematics. The teacher wrote down and drew a bit. Because I made this stuff in German, I understood a little. While we had to do a task, the teacher came around and saw my notebook.
Next, I had English communication. Somehow, only a few students attend this class. The students hesistated to talk there as well and somehow, I was the best in class.
After that, we went to the gym. I wore (at last!) gym clothes. But it was cold. Because I am thin, some girls admired me. We played basketball. Again, Japanese students are really well at this. We played a funny game. It is a little difficult to understand, but after having understood it, it is really fun. Girls and boys took turns playing:
There are four group with each at least three people. each group stands in a edge of a quadrat, standing in a line one after another. One person stands in the middle, with the ball. This person throws the ball to the first person of group A. Two people from group A start running. The seccond person from A (who is trown the ball to), throws it to grop B's first person. This person trows the ball to the first person of group C and it starts all over again. It is seriously fun. It can be made more exciting using two balls. The teacher tried to explain it to me in English. I participated.
Then, we ate lunch. My obento (lunch box) was really tasty. One girl (who I do not really like) gave me a tiny origami swan, she made.
I went in the library and started writing. Amber came in. She should study but she read a book in English.
Last christmas, I got a kimono from my aunt. But after showing it to my host mother, I found out that it is actually a yukata (traditional sleepwear). Oh.
I found out that the toilets on school are not that high tech. I was somehow used to a warm toilet.
I went to class 1 A my math class. They made a funny sponge- clean- competition.
I am on page 100! I have written 100 pages! After the next 42 pages, I will need a new diary. This went somehow fast. And I wrote quite a lot of pages in Japanese; I wrote 10 pages in German, 8 in Enlgish and 82 in Japanese!
I reread the pages written in German :), this was fun. I think I mightbe doen with this diary at day 34.
Now, I will go to calligraphy club. I went to the calligraphy room but no one was there. I ran to my classroom, but I was too late, homeroom class had already started. I said that I had lost my way.
Because I am wearing a mask, the teacher thought, I have the flu.
After that, I really went to calligraphy club. I wrote again, but it was not so good. I wrote my name and some Kanji. I ate some crisps and a macha (green tea) muffin. On the way home, I met the teacher from Jamaika and talked a bit with him.
At home, I did some homework. Dinner was onigiri (rice balls), mussel soup, salad, and a meat vegetable salad. It was very tasty.
In TV there was an interesting show about a castle and one about animals. When I make myself ready, I go in the cold bathroom, but the shower is hot, so I am happy there and think about my own stuff.
After showering, my black dog bracelet fell off. It just unfastened and fell off. I think, I got rid of my black dog here.
Good night!

I hope, you liked this part!
<--Previous part (#34 real calligraphy club)

Next part (#36 obento) -->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!