4/14/2016

travel2japan #37 Gyouza & home economica class


Hey guys!
So, I was to Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some backround information:
I was to Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba wit
h a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

#37 Gyouza & home economica class
Real date: April 16th, Thursday

Yesterday, Kouta san came home and I showed him my calligraphy drawings ('They are good') Then, I took a shower. Because I was hungry, I drank a lot till I was feeling sick but then I was not hungry anymore.
This morning, I got up at 6:25. Breakfast was already there but because Wakari san was still in the bathroom. I waited for her to come. I think, she was quite astonished. Breakfast was tasty but Kouta san is smacking the whole time.

Because my Japanese does not feel like improving at all, I am a bit sad.
The girls here have flower-shaped and very colorful hair ties.
At school, I talked a bit to my homeroom teacher and then went to the library. There were some students and a teacher, I tought a bit German. I do not really know whether my Japanese is improving. Sometimes I understand nothing at all, sometimes I can almost speak fluently.
Amber came here with another exchange organization, called YFU. They are paying her sport uniform and she got books for studying Japanese.
Today it is cloudy yet sunny, but I am wearing my coat.
Because I am experiencing so much here, I often forget things and have to tell them afterwards.
Today, I want to tell the calligraphy teacher that I want to enter the calligraphy club (officially) (My host mother yesterday told me to do it) But I do not know whether I have to ask my homeroom teacher as well.
My uniform's skirt is dirty. Wakari san said, the uniform will not be washed at home (but where?) Today, I want to do my laundry.
This week, I want to buy a new diary at daiso (one-coint-store) as well as another three presents for my brother's confirmation.
My next class should be craft class but because of the changed schedule it again is studying in the library (writing diary).
Neyt, I had craft class, but I could not find the room. I eventually asked a teacher, who showed me the way. I was still on time. In craft class, we went on working at our baskets. At some point, the teacher said 'Finished for today' to me, so I started cleaning up my materials and asked where to put the unused wood. Then, however, the teacher said, that there is still time left and the lesson is not finished yet. What? I don't understand.
For some reason, my leg (my right one) hurts. In the break between the two craft lessons (we always had a double lesson), I ate an onigiri (rice ball). It was so tasty!
In the classroom, we ate our obentos (lunch boxes). I only ate half my obento. The girls, I ate with, asked me whether there is someone, I like.
After that, we went to home economics class. Home economics class is seriously amazing. We really learn necessary things; cooking, cleaning, managing a housholod, raising children. The teacher lend me a book, it was so interesting! I was in a cooking group with girld from the ESS club. In the school, there is a very huge cooking room. We went there and learned to wash our hands 'the right way' (why?) and went back. The class, however, is interesting. In the next lesson, we will cook something sweet.
Then, we had 'long home room'. There, the people from my class planned their activities for the bunkasai (school festival). I think, they want to do an ice shop.
After that, I went to the calligraphy club. Today, I asked my calligraphy teacher for permission to entere the club and she said 'Aa, ok.'.
When the club activity started, I ate the remaining half of my obento (lunch box). At the club, I started drawing Kanji (chinese characters) but then, the teacher gave me the hiragana (a diffrent kind of characters) I am writing in my calligraphy class and told me to train their writing.
After school, I quickly went to the shopping mall and bought a few things there.
I ran home but Wakari san was not there. After I waited a bit, she eventually came home (She had done the shopping).
I went in my room and layed in my bed for 10 minutes, but I did not sleep.
Today's dinner was Gyouza (vegetable dumplings) and a meat salad. It was tasty! (I love Gyouza!) I talked a bit with Wakari san and she went in her room for one hour and I ate icecream.
After I took a shower, I went into my room. In my room, there are still two chocolate bars, that I brought as host presents for people. But because, I had not given them already, today, I ate them both while reading in my home economics books (interesting books!) I kind of overate.
Today, I only studied for two hours. Instead, I prepared the present for my brother's confirmation and wrote a letter.

I hope, you liked that part!
<-- Previous part (#36 obento)

Next part (#38 the girsl from ESS club) -->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!