4/16/2016

travel2japan #39 a lot of tasty dishes & an artificial island


Hey guys!
So, I was to Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some backround information:
I was to Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba wit
h a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

#39 a lot of tasty dishes  & an artificial island
Real date: April 18th, Saturday

the artificial island
Although Wakari san had told me that it is okay to sleep till 8 or 9 o'clock today, I was already at 7:30 sitting at the kitchen table. The breakfast consisted of bread, apples, a small salad, sousage, tomato, cucumber, scumbled eggs and vegetable juice, it was really delicious!

Today, I want to read and prepare the presentation about Germany.
Kouta san told us that we will go somewhere today. We drove about one hour by car and then drove on a bridge between Chiba and Tokyo. In the middle of this bridge, there is an artificial island with shops, restaurants and a lot of parking slots. It was very impressive, but cold.
After returning from there, we bought some icecream and went to a restaurant called 'Big boy'. I ate an egg, some meat and fish and curry rice there. Because it was a lot of food, Wakari san and Kouta san said that I eat a lot. This is not so good.
At home, Wakari san and Kouta san said, they will go to the gym from 1 to 3 o'clock. I studied a bit and went to the shopping mall in the near. I wanted to take photos with the small smartphone, I got here, but it is not really working. I also started working on my presentation
Wakari san and Kouta san returned. Dinner was amazing. It was kind of sushi, you could create yourself. Everyone took a sheet of nori (algae paper) and put rice on it. Then, you could insert some of the food on the table; vegetables, fish, meat and spieces. I also liked sushi with rice only. I again ate a lot.
After dinner, I took a bath (yey) and went in my room. I had a lot to do still, but as I was tired, I wanted to sleep for 20 minutes. I eventually slept for two and a half hours. (my alarm woke me up)
(I think, I then did work a little)

I hope, you liked that part!
<-- Previous part (#38 the girl from ESS club)

Next part (#40 a short day with a lot of food)-->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!