4/21/2016

travel2japan #44 the sports test

Hey guys!
So, I was to Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some backround information:
I was to Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

 #44 the sports test
Real date: April 23th, Thursday

Today morning, I woke up at 4:55. As my alarm was going to ring at 5 o'clock, I stayed in bed and waited for it to ring. So, I quickly fell asleep but somehow woke up at 6:20. But it was still okay (early).
At the breakfast table, I wrote the report for WYS. As Wakari san brought Kouta san to the station, I also drove with them, but I forgot taking the key.

I arrived at school early. As it is Shioris birthday today, I wrote 'Happy Birthday' on the board (among other students). Shiori got a lot of presents, mostly sweets and a lot of people wished her Happy Birthday.
Then, the sports test started. On the board was written a schedule for the times, we had to be at the particular stations. We always arrived earlier. Everyone got a paper, where the level for any station was written down on. I was not so good at throwing the ball but at other activities, I did well.
Today's obento was a shark onigiri (rice ball), salad, tomatos, meat, potatos and fish, it was tasty!
I also gave my teacher the posters about Germany, what I forgot yesteraday. As Shimame will somehow visit Germany this summer, she asked me a few questions about the country. A boy gave us sweets.
After the sports test, everyone wrote their results on a seperate paper, but I did not. (What then was the purpose of the sports test for me in the first place?) ( I kind of felt excluded whenever my classmates did things I did not).
At calligraphy club, people started to write on kind of expensive, special paper. The teacher finally gave me a book. So, I wrote Kanjis (chinese characeters) written in the book. But then, the teacher came and gave me another paper of Kanjis, I should practice writing. I do not understand... :(
Somehow, the club ended earlier today. So, after school, I went to a drug store and got myself a sweet, small, expensive bread and ate it.
At home, I rang the doorbell but nobody answered. So I went round the house where I say Wakari sn working in the garden. A neighbour came, talked with us and gave us a box of sweets (why?). In the house, I continued the report for WYS. Dinner was tasty. The desert wer strawberries (<3) and yohgurt. We also ate some of the sweets, we received. It was a kind of sweet potato mush.
I speaked with Wakari san and she said that it is okay to speak a bit English to ease the understanding.
Then I took a shower. Today passed really quickly. Now, I will study.

I hope, you liked that part!
<-- Previous part (
#43 advice from my agony aunt)
Next part (#45 an exciting school day) -->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!