4/22/2016

travel2japan #45 an exciting school day


Hey guys!
So, I was to Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some backround information:
I was to Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

 #45 an exciting school day
Real date: April 24th, Friday

Good morning! Today we again had a tasty breakfast. As Wakari san will not make an obento (lunch box) for me today, I will buy something to eat at school. In the morning, we watched TVI was a bit late for school. (That means, I only came 15 minutes before classes started)
For the first lesson, I went with Amber to the library and studied there (I finished my Kanji training book!) Then we had P.E. class where we played basketball. It was fun. Then I quickly rushed to the calligraphy room but I was still late there. (This time was literally the worst. Within 10 minutes I had to go back from the sportsfielt to the changing room at the third floor, change my clothes and then run downstairs in the calligraphy classroom.) Wakari san gave me liquid ink for calligraphy class, but there, we only write with coal (we write with the ink developing by rubbing the coal into water).
Tomorrow, I want to buy a piece of coal. Today, I got lend one from my teacher. It was fun yet difficult. After that, I quickly went in the first floor to the bread store and bought two breads, one pizza bread and one sweet bread. In total it was 310 yen (about 2 dollars). There, I met the English teacher walking around with Amber. They told me about a kind of project that has something to do with planting rice and will be done next Wednesday. It sounds great.
Then, I went to the 7 11 store. This time, however, I again did not suceed to apply LINE there. The small phone, I got lend here somehow did not accept the application and I still do not know the number of my big phone. I wrote a message to Laura (a German friend) and asked her to send me my number.
Back in the classroom, I ate together with some girls. The next class was English, it was okay. (Out of boredomness), I read in my English school bok, it was interesting.
The next class was mathematics. I do not really understand. The teacher sometimes writes something in English, but just the topic, so I do not understand. It is difficult.
The last lesson was long home room class. Last time, they talked about the study support test, but now, there was not very much to talk about, so it ended early. Everyone started leaving. I asked my teacher questions, WYS wanted me to ask. The sensei left to look up some information, she did not know herself. While waiting for her, I talked with a girl of ESS club.
The I went to calligraphy club and asked a girl about the questions. Now, I think, I am finished with the first report.
As the classes were ended earlier, we had a lot of time at the club. I wrote a bit on the special paper and then learned a bit about how to arrange calligraphy items.
I went home. On the stairs, I met the school's student president  and we talked a bit (mostly in English).
When Wakari san arrived at home, she told me that the English teacher had already called her about the project and she thinks, it is a good project to do. It really sounds amazing!
(In a new diary) Ooh, a new diary! I think, this book is really pretty and it only was 100 yen (I bought it at daiso (one yen store)), so let's get started!
Dinner was very huge, so I did not eat my whole portion of meat salad. I think, Wakari san was astonished. But I really do not want to be picky (in terms of food) here. We talked but Wakari san talked a bit too much English. As for desert, I again ate chocolate from my own host present. I am eating my own host present almost completely. At the PC, I researched my school's history and wrote a mail to my counselor. Kouta san returned home and I took a shower. I wonder how much pages of this equivalent a page of teh previous diary. I do not know. Maybe two pages of the old diary are about as much as one page of this diary.
So, I actually started a new diary today. In school, I already made friends. I am okay with being hungry sometimes.
So, now I will study a bit. Good night! :) * <3

I hope, you liked that part!
<-- Previous part (
travel2japan #44 the sports test)
Next part (#46 curry rice) -->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!