4/23/2016

travel2japan #46 curry rice

source
Hey guys!
So, I was to Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some backround information:
I was to Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

 #46 curry rice 
Real date: April 25th, Saturday

As I oversleept a bit again today, I want to change my clothes after I stood up and study then tomorrow. At 7 o'clock, I went in the kitchen (at weekends, we always have breakfast at about 8 o'clock.) Quickly, Wakari san entered as well.

I asked and we will do nothing in particulat today. Wakari san only said she plans to plant tomatos. I want to study a bit and then go to the beach and go for a walk there with Kouta san. There was a kind of building in the sea but I dod not really understand, what it was. At home, I saw that a letter from my family had arrived! Everybody of my family wrote something, it was so fun to read!
I wonder what todays lunch will be but I did not want to ask whether we will go to a restaurant.
We eventually went to a curry rice restaurant. I ate rice with a sauce and vegetables and meat. Although I picked pungency 3 (at a scale from 1 to10), it was quite pungent and hot. It was, however, tasty (I love curry rice!) Kouta san and Wakari san ate there meal already when it was so hot.
At home, Kouta san and Wakari san worked in the garden. I studied and went to the shopping mall. In teh bookstore, I bought a coal (for calligraphy). It was only 400 yen (about 3 dollars)- okay! At daiso (one coint store), I got a lot of items for my brother's confirmation. I wanted to buy one gum and one pack of sherbet powder, but one could only buy four gums and two packs of sherbet poweder at once. So I had to get some more. I understood the cashier, when she said it a seccond time. At home, I packed all of it in a big package, what I want to send with a letter at Sunday.
Wakari san went to the gym, while I answered my family's letter. When they came home, we watched a bit TV and ate crisps.
For dinner, we had rice (for me, a lot of rice!), meat, potatoes, vegetable tempura (fried vegetables), miso soup, raw fish and a salad (this may sound like a ton of food but you have to keep in mind, that every portion was very small. So although I ate a lot more diffrent food, I did not necessarily eat more than at home.) Wakari san somehow thinks, that I eat a lot. It was, however, very delicious.
I studied and then took a shower. Today, the water was cold again. Why? I do not understand.
Today was a good day. I only studies three hours, but that is okay. I finally finished the package for my brother and the curry rice was so tasty! Although I was tired this evenining, I studies a bit. Then, I slept.

I hope, you liked that part!
<-- Previous part (
 #45 an exciting schoolday)
Next part (#47 a biploar day) -->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!