4/24/2016

travel2japan #47 A bipolar day

Hey guys!
So, I was in Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some background information:
I was in Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

 #47 A bipolar day
Real date: April 26th, Sunday

Now, it is 6:40 in the morning. I am currently cleaning the kitchen a bit. Kouta san fed the cat. Sometimes, I think that my Japanese has improved. At the beginning, I always used to say 'kore' (that) but now I understood the a, ko, so- system (this, that, that over there). I also do address people by their names instead of saying 'you' (often) For me, it is kind of weird to do it, but in Japan, it is just normal. When I was to daiso (one coint store) yesterday, I saw two different notebooks of Little Twin Stars. They are so cute and I want to buy them both. But I do not want to spend so much money and, honestly, what do I need this notebooks for? I know it. One notebook will become my next diary book after this. The other I will turn into a DIY calendar (a bit like a filofax). At coventions, I will take this calendar book with me as well. But, however, I do not plan to go to the shopping mall today. I just wonder, how long these Little Twin Stars things will be there.
Kouta san and Wakari san often zap between channels, but I wanted to see one of the channels. (FWP)
Today, I want to send the package for my brother's confirmation. I wanted to bring it to the post but (as it is closed on weekends), Wakari san wants to do it. I just wonder, whether the size of the package is okay.
Now, it is 8 o'clock. Kouta san watches TV and drinks coffee. I will now start my Kanji (chinese characters) practice. I think that Kouta san is not really a typical Japanese man.
We had very tasty breakfast and then cleaned the house (I cleaned the stairs and my room). Because it is good weather, we will go somewhere today.
Then we went to a beach that is far away and more popular and big than the one, we usually visit. There were a lot of hotels and holiday resorts, it was really impressing! We walked around a bit. There was a statue (of knights, I think) and when we were there, a women (I originally thought her to be a guide) came and talked to me. She asked me, what grade I am and talked with Wakari san about her scarf.
We went to the beach and sat down there in folding chairs, Kouta san went for a walk and I drank some juice. For some reason, the women came back to me and started talking to me again (why?) She asked my about my school and where I am from. Kouta san came back and waited a bit. After a while, he said something like: 'I am sorry but I would like you to go.' The women was very insulted and left. (I am so thankful for my hostfather doing this. In thins moment, I was quite facilitated.
We quickly went for lunch. We went to a family restaurant named 'Dannys' that is popular is Japan. I ate spaghetti. I could (finally) ordered by myself! It was very tasty (and not too hot!).
We went home. On the way, we first went to a  plant shop but bought nothing. At a drugstore, Kouta san bought shampoo. At home, I made my laundry, Kouta san worked in the garden and Mayumi san is shopping, Now, I am watching TV with Kouta san and writing in my diary. I ate ice cream and it was tasty but my stomach is now so full and hurts. In the next time, I do not want to eat so much ice cream.
Wakari san came home and I realized that I am not tired :). Today, we want to eat lunch at 7:30 but I think it will be rather 8 o'clock.
Oh, today in 4 days, I can eat my second chocolate car. Time is passing so fast, it is scary.
As the post office is open then, I want to send my letter next week, but Wakari san wants to make it as well as sending the package. She, however, did not really sound like she actually approves this. I wonder whether the package is too big.
Oh shit. I talked to Wakari san and Kouta san and the package is too big, so it will be too expensive, I think. Wakari san seemed a little indignant. Now, it is difficult with her and me. I cried at the toilet. This was a big mistake. I hope that WYS will not throw me out. (I was so frightened) I am sad and I do not know how to handle the situation. I was stupid and rude and made a mistake. I do not have any hope. But I have a white cat and not a black dog LINK and I will continue doing my best!
At dinner, it somehow was okay again. I was very nice. I only ate one serving of each food. Wakari san was astonished. Desert were strawberries (<3) and some sweet bean sweet. It was tasty!
In TV there was a funny channel and I understood a lot. We also talked a lot.
I took a shower. This week, we are somehow not having a bath. Probably, it is because I am using too much water.
However, today was an interesting day.

I hope, you liked that part!
<-- Previous part (#46 curry rice
)
Next part (#48 a lot of tears) -->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!