4/25/2016

travel2japan #48 a lot of tears

source

Hey guys!
So, I was in Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some background information:
I was in Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

 #48 a lot of tears
Real date: April 27th, Monday

Today morning, my alarm rang at 5 o'clock. I was only a little tired and already at 5:15, I stood up and put on my school uniform. I stayed for one hour in the bed studying and then went in the kitchen. Kouta san had just started with breakfast and Wakari san was in the bathroom. So I waited and watched some TV with Kouta san. This was good. But when I say something wrong in Japanese to Kouta san, he just does not react, what is not so good. I made myself ready and then ate.
I did not really understand, whether I will bring the letter to the post today. I will just not go to the club today and if Wakari san has already sent the letter, I have some extra time to study.
My first class today was Japanese (in the library) I studied vocabulary with my smartphone. Next was biology. I watched the clock and already packed my stuff before the lesson was over so when the bell rang, my desk was already empty and I could leave the room quickly. Biology was okay. At the beginning of the lesson, I asked the teacher to speak Japanese to me. He also gave me the biology book, saying: 'It is a gift, really!'
Next class was Kendo (Japanese swordfighting). It was okay. I learned the names of the two girls there. But I am really not good at Kendo. We stood there and I somehow did understand neither the Japanese instructions nor Kendo. So I cried a bit. It was really just a bit.
the school pool
The next class was health and I understood a bit.
In lunch break, I went to the 7 11 (for how much times now?) Laura had send me my number and I told her that everything is okay. So, I got a text message sent by LINE but then, there was somehow a password requested, I do not know. I then, however, went back to school and quickly ate my obento (lunch box), that was very tasty!
I told Kiyoka (the girl of my class who also attends calligraphy club) that I will not go to the club today. Then, I went to the library and read WhatsApp messages and studied as usual.
My last class for today was music. I took a picture of the music room. The lesson was okay; we sang some song. Then, I had homeroom class. Somwhow very tired and sad, I went home.

the music room 
I really cannot speak Japanese. Today morning, Wakari san told me that she will send the letter and the (big :( ) package for me. She was astonished and a little indignant that I came home so early. I interrupted her doing calligraphy. I am just a problem. Sending the package and the letter costed like 2085 yen (28 dollars) and 110 yen (90 dollars). As I did not have this much money, I went into her room and told her so. She was astonished, as ever and I cried, as ever. A short while later, Wakari came downstairs and really understood the thing with the money (before, she seemingly had not understood). She explained me, how much everything costed.
I was sad and cleaned my obento box. We did not talk with each other. Wakari san went into the garden and worked there, while I read the 'Japan handbook'. As I am having a lot of problems here, I cried as usual. I also feel homesick.
Wakari san came in, fed the cat and now, she is preparing dinner. I am just a problem for my nice host family. I do not understand and I am homesick. Why don't they throw me out ? I do not know and I have a bad feeling :(
We ate, I asked questions about the TV program, but Wakari san just answered with 'no' or 'yes'. Wakari san said something to me very quickly. I did not understand and she did not explain it. I thought a bit about it and then, as I understood a bit, I said 'I understood'. But as I sometimes said that despite not having understood it, Wakari san thought that I did not understand it this time as well. I explained it, but Wakari san still thinks, I did not understand.
The dinner, however, was tasty. I was Gyouza (dumpings filled with vegetables) (I had a lot- so nice!), a tomato, potato and cucumber salad and a hot yet tasty soup.
After dinner, Wakari san explained something to me. At about 8:09, she told me to have a shower (Usually, I had a shower at about 9 o'clock).

During dinner, I pulled myself together, but in the shower, I cried a lot. I head Wakari san calling diffrent people and I thought she would call my counselor. I then understood, that she was not calling someone to throw me off.
I am very tired and I have a bad feeling. I wil go to sleep now. (This was a tearful day.)


I hope, you liked that part!
<-- Previous part (
)
Next part (\49 a day with a collapse and a gratitude gift) -->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!