4/26/2016

travel2japan #49 a day with a collapse and a gratitude gift


Hey guys!
So, I was in Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 
Some background information:
I was in Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

 #49 a day with a collapse and a gratitude gift
Real date: April 28th, Tuesday

Today, I somehow did not hear the alarm at 5 o'clock. So, the next alarm ringing was my breakfast alarm at 7 o'clock. I quickly changed clothes and went downstairs. Wakari san told me than I am late. After breakfast I went to school a little sadly.

an empty classroom
My first lesson today was chemistry. I understood nothing. Next was English communication. Ami told me that only the students who cannot speak English very well, attend this class. Uhm.. why am I here?
Then we had P.E. I wanted to go to the gym, but in the changing room, some girls told me that we will go to the basketball court today. It was fun but as it was very hot, quite exhausting. I talked a lot.
Somehow, P.E. lessons always look the same. We warm up (splitted up into boys and girls), split up into 4 groups and practice throwing basketballs in the basket.
Then, we had (real) English. We got a lot of worksheets from the teacher. It was a little boring. Nobody says something and everybody is so shy there.
In lunch break, I went, as always, to the 7 11 store. I had to enter some code, what I did but then, it took 30 minutes to activate it. So, I took the time to change my 10,000 yen note into smaller notes. I waited a bit and then I was actually able to open LINE with the 7 11 W- Lan. Back in school, I told my 'Obento(lunch box) friends (= the friends I used to eat lunch with)' and everyone was happy. But as I had no internet at school, I could not do LINE there. I think, they were a little disappointed. I quickly ate my obento.
Then, I went to the library (with Amber) and studied vocabulary,
Then I had mathematics. I understood a little and I think the teacher is funny. But suddenly, the girl sitting in front od me, collapsed on her chair. Her friend later told me that she had a poor circulation. The teacher came to her, she was given something to drink and then, someone walked out with her, taking her bag and jacket. It was very scary, but everyone was so nice. As the teacher had written something in English on the board, I went to him after the lesson and said: 'Please speak Japanese to me'.
view out of the window (mathematics class)
After that, I studied in the library as usual. After homeroom class, I told my homeroom teacher, that Wakari san had some questions about the rice planting activity, I will attend to this Wednesday. The teacher seriously printed pictures to answer her questions (It was something about gloves).
At calligraphy club, I wrote at one of the special papers. I also continued learning everyones name. In my classroom, I saw the ESS club.
I was somehow a little sad, so I went to the food store and got myself a small chocolate cookie. I really have to learn to keep my money,
We ate a bit later today. Dinner consisted of onigiri (rice balls), cheese- filled meat. some green vegetable and a meat and vegetable salad, it was tasty!
We ate some crisps (instead of desert). Now, we are watching TV. When Kouta san comes home (at about 9 o'clock), I will my hostparents a box of sweets as a gift of gratitude (for having me now about one month). I hope, it is good. I am a bit excited to give it to them.
My stomach hurted a bit today and I cried a bit, really just a bit. Apart from this, I did not cry at all; is this a good thing?
my room
When will Kouta san come home? At 9 o'clock? He finally came and ate. I hold the present in my hand and when I gave it to them, they were very astonished and asked, why, especially Wakari san. I explained it to them and then took a shower. Then, I wished them a good night and went upstairs.
This is almost my 38st day today. I look forward to going to bed but as I woke up lately today and did not study, I am now in the bed studying.
Tomorrow, we will have no school. Today, I was a bit sad but now, I am feeling better.


I hope, you liked that part!
<-- Previous part (\48 a lot of tears)
Next part (50 planting rice) -->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!