4/27/2016

travel2japan #50 planting rice


Hey guys!
So, I was in Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the tho
ughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm no going to do this. 

Some background information:
I was in Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

 #50 planting rice
Real date: April 29th, Wednesday


This morning, I firstly studied a bit in bed. Then, I went downstairs in the kitchen and watched TV. When Wakari san left the bathroom, I went in to make myself ready.
Today, we ate breakfast at a resaurant. For me, it was the very first time to eat at a restaurant. Although Kouta san had said that we will go there at 9 o'clock, we alread left at 8:10. We arrived at the family restaurant, where I ate toast with a lot of butter and tomatos, salad, scumbled eggs and an orange juice. It was very tasty and my stomach was very full afterwards. Because I did not eat that much, Kouta san and Wakari san were a little astonished. They asked me, what I want to do in the 'Golden Week'(a short period of holidays in Japan). I think, I want to go to Tokyo. I kind of spilled water on my clothes and Wakari san gave me tissues. Kouta san got me a new glass of water. They are so nice!
We returned home. At a map, Kouta san and Wakari san searched for the place, todays rice planting project will take place at. As they did no really understood it, they are searchign for the place with the PC. I want to help, but I do not really know how.
Now, I am alone at home. I am searching the internet for ideas dor activities in the Golden Week. I also ate my seccond choclate car. Then, I studied.
As for lunch, Wakari san made me instant noodles. They were tasty, also because I did not rushed eating them, what astonished my hostparents a bit. (Usually, we eat these noodles when they are still hot). But because I ate so slowly, Wakari san told me that I had to go, when I did not had finished yet. I ate quickly but did not finish the meal, so Wakari san threw the rest into the garbage bin and we took off.
While driving, we talked a bit. We did not find the way directly, so we asked a man there and then found the place, where we were the first to arrive. (Before, we also called the English teacher who had kind of organized this but she told us that she is not going there). After waiting a bit, Amber san came with her host family and two girls from her class. Also, students from another school (Naruto highschool) and some people from the Netherlands came as well as people from Japan (I somohow found that Dutch sounds like English). We changed clothes (so that we could work on the rice fielt) Everyone introuduced themselves in a short speech.
Then, everyone got a small bundle of rice plants. Then, we went on a rice field, lined up and put the rice plants in the ground. We then go new plants. The ground was cold and wet and I subsided but it was kind of comfortable. While planting the rice, I talked with one of Ambers friends (I remember asking her about her favorite animal and color) After being done with the whole rice field, we went to another place and washed our feet. It was said that we would eat something after that, but this somehow did not happen. But Amber had some cookies with her. We went to a small paddling pool, in which small fishes, crabs and turtles were swimming and watched them. One of the Dutch women wrote a message for our school on a canvas (in Dutch and in English) and everone left. My hostfamily came 20 minutes too early.

On the way home, we talked a bit. When Wakari san went to the toilet, Kouta san and I went to a supermarket where he bought me two fish onigiris (rice balls). I ate them at the passenger seat but wondered whether this is okay. But Wakari san said: 'Please, eat it' so I guess, it was okay. The onigiris were very tasty.
Now, we are at home. Wakari san went shopping and I did my laundry. Now, I am watching TV with Kouta san and writing diary. I am kind of homesick but I do not know why. So, I will now read in the WYS handbook for tips when being homesick. I read, but there were not so much tips for it. So, I kept watching TV while Wakari san started preparing dinner.
For dinner, we ate a lot of diffrent raw fish as well as salad, tomato, cucumber and meat with cheese. It was tasty.  We talked a both Kouta san and Wakari san said that my Japanese has improved.
Today, I also took a bath. It was hot and comfortable and I liked it.
Today was a good day. :)

I hope, you liked that part!
<-- Previous part (
)
Next part (\51 new plans) -->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!