5/04/2016

travel2japan #56 Children's day

source
Hey guys!
So, I was in Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm now going to do this. 
Some background information:
I was in Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

 #56 Children's day
Real date: May 5th, Tuesay

Today morning, I studied a little before breakfast. Kouta san was vacuum cleaning the kitchen when I came in and then we ate for some reason quite quickly. But the breakfast was tasty. After that, I studied a bit, Kouta san watched TV and we talked.
Wakari san gave me a note, in which I should write a few lines every day neatly. She then will correct the sentences what is really nice. Kouta san said that we will visit a museum today. I understood it right away. After Wakari san returned from shopping, we went there.
In the museum there were a lot of great pictures. They often looked just like photos and it was very interesting to look at them. I was a little tired though. At an upper gallery there were pictures that can be purchased. By reading their prices, I practiced counting of higher numbers in Japanese.
After that, we visited a park in the near. It was very huge and wide. There were a lot of families with kids playing, eating their obentos (lunch boxes), camping or flying kites. But as the whole morning, it was cold. Then we returned.
In the car, Kouta san and Wakari san said something about an obento, but we then went to an undo noodle restaurant. There, I ate undo noodles with (a little) soup and tempura vegetables. But it was so hot and everyone ate to quickly! Also, I sat between Wakari san and Kouta san what felt weird and we did not talk at all during lunch. Then we really returned.
At home, I ate a choclate ice cream. Kouta san is watching TV and just read a littl ein my diary. I do not know where Wakari san is. As it is already 3 o'clock, I think we will not do anything further today.
It feels like it is alread saturday but it is just Tuesday. This week will only consist of thursday and friday, very short. I think, I will send my letter this saturday. Now, a third of my time in Japan is over, this period of time twice again and I will return. It kind of was not so long. I am tired.
I studied and watched TV and we ate tasty dinner, consisting of onigiri, fish, mushrooms, tomato and cucumber salad and meat and broccoli salad. After dinner, we talked a lot ( :-)) while watching TV. We discussed why Japanese people get so old (because of healthy food), what a Khaki is (I do not know whether the term is the same in Japan and Germany) and talked about a cooking show, where rice pudding was made, what Wakari san found very weird.
Today I studied full 41/2 hours. I wrote into the note and hope Wakari san will correct it.
Today it was cold. But as it was children's day a lot of families with children were active outside. This day and mother's day is important here, I think..
I am tired so I will sleep now.

I hope, you liked that part!
<-- Previous part (
#55 an amazing day)
Next part (#57 Please speak Japanese) -->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!