5/14/2016

travel2japan #60 the yellow train

source
Hey guys!
So, I was in Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm now going to do this. 
Some background information:
I was in Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

 #60 the yellow train
Real date: May 9th, Saturday

Today's breakfast was somehow late. We started eating just at 8 o'clock. We ate and watched TV and spoke only a little. Kouta san said that is okay for us to start eating and not wait for Wakari san.
We cleaned the house and after that, went in the living room to talk a bit. I asked whether we will go somewhere today, because I would like to but no really reply came. To distract myself, I watched the TV drama show 'Mare'.

About an hour later, Kouta san told me that we will travel with some kind of sighseeing train today. Kouta san and Wakari san made a lot of plans and then we had to wait till it was time to go. Shortly before we had to go, Wakari san prepared instand noodles for me. Because it was so little time, I ate really quickly. We then, however, left about half an hour later what I did not really umnderstand.
By car, Kouta san and me went to a special station what took us about half an hour. This station seemes kind of ancient and very small and silent there. We went to a shop in the train station that was dedicated to a certain characte, you could buy literally anything of this character. We, however, bought tickets and entered the yellow train. Before it left, two guys came and touted for buying obentos (lunch boxes). We drove about 10 minutes, then we arrived in a small town. When getting off the train, we had to show our tickets (common in Japan)
The town was small and there were a lot of ancient buildings. We went around a little and then went into a small restaurant, where we ate cutlet with rice, miso soup and salad. It was really tasty.
On the way back to the station, a random women offered us maps of this town in English. I think she wanted to sell something. We, however, went on. On the train back, I dozed a little.
At home, there was Wakari san but no letter of my family had arrived, what made me somehow sad. As I had only a little amound of money, I went to a 7 11 in the near and withdrew some money. At daiso (one coint store) I bought a small obento box and two stamp sheets. When I came home, nobody was there, what made me worry a litte. I wrote a text message but nobody answered. A little after, however, they came home; they had just been shopping. Still, no letter arrived.
Now, I am watching TV with Kouta san.
Todays dinner was somehow not that tasty, but I do not know why. After dinner, we watched TV and I studied. At half past 8, Kouta san asked me whether I want to take a bath and I replied: 'Yes'. But Wakari san said: 'She will not.' She seemed very angry but I cannot understand why. Kouta san and me asked 'why?'. Then, Wakari san just said: 'It is okay'. The bath was good but I have the feeling that Wakari san hates me. Whenever we talk, she just says 'yes' or 'no'. Maybe it is because of my poor Japanese. I do not know what to do. I am tired. Good night.

I hope, you liked that part!
<-- Previous part (
#59 like yin and yang)
Next part (#61 philosophical) -->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!