5/23/2016

travel2japan #66 talking busy

source
Hey guys!
So, I was in Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm now going to do this. 
Some background information:
I was in Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

 #66 talking busy
Real date: May 15th, Friday

Today morning, I woke up at 6 o'clock but still was really tired. I think, I should do some sport and be active in the morning to get up more easily.  I quickly went dowstairs and got a blouse to wear. Breakfast was very tasty. Wakari san did not show up until 8 o'clock. Today evening, I will eat the obento (lunch box), she bought me and a pudding of the gift from my counselor. Yesterday eveningn, I again forgot to pray. Today, I want to answer mails and send the letter answers, I wrote, what I am looking forward to do.
Before homeroom class, I talked about going out to Oohara with Ami san. When she saw that I had written 'picknicking' on my list of things I want to do, she got the idea that we may picknick in Oohara. I also asked my teacher if it is okay to leave earlier one day when I will go to Kabuki theater. At first, she did not quite understand me but then she did and said that it may be okay. Moreove, something amazing happened; Ami had yesterday seen on my list a certain kind of fish Iwanted to try and so, today, she gave me a piece of this fish she found in her home's kitchen. How can people be so nice?
The first lesson was chemistry, where everyone studied by themselves while I made some plans in my calendar. I also wrote the contacts from my 'basic phone' I use here, into my realy mobile phone. 
After that, we had English communication, for some reason again with everyone from the class. Ami san explained to me, why, but I did not understand. We did grammar and I was getting tired what was not good as the next lesson would be P.E.
There, I asked Naoka about places, she can recommend me to visit in Japan. She lives in my town but she said that it is boring here. She, however, made some recommendations on food and also told me that after the tests, we will play three times again basketball in P.E. and then switch to tennis.
Coming back from P.E., I saw Amber and her friend in the changing room. As she still spoke English with her friend, I was kind of relieved (it is scary, I know) that she did not speak Japanese yet.
In English class, I spoke a bit with Makoto and Aito in Japanese. It was fun but I realized that I had forgotten to bring chopsticks for my obento. Asking Ami, she told me that Kyo has cutlery with her obento, I might use. But Kyou was doing club activity and not there. Nakoa, however, gave me her one- use- chopsticks. Puuh. Everyone is so nice here, it is incredible. 
The taste of the fish, Ami had given me was okay. But eating half of yesterday's obento was no good idea. The sausage tasted a bit bland and I tried to eat everything really fast what lead to me almost droppping the obento and all in all, it was no fun to eat at all. It was a stupid idea. While lunchtime, we made further plans for going out to Oohara. For some reason, we cannot go to the Oohara park. But as there will be tests next week (that are only in the morning), this was the last time we ate together in lunchtime before we will go there. So, I exchanged phone numbers with Ami with who I will make all plans. She then can tell the other friends per LINE messenger. 
Then, I went to the library where again the history students were studying. I read the book about Gyouza noodles, that was really interesting.
The next class was mathematics. I think we wrote a kind of short test. As the right anwers are written on the backside of the paper, I cribbed a little and 'corrected' one of my wrong answers. When the teacher came around and said 'well done' about my paper, I had a bad conscious and wrote down the wrong answer agian. I, however, understood it a little :)
In the library, I again read a bit.
Back in homeroom class, my classteacher told me that it is okay for me to leace the school earlier for Kabuki theater. Moreover, I told her that I do not want to buy the (expensive) school pins whereupon she gave them to me, saying that it was a gift. Seriously? But I am very happy about that.
Then, we went to the biology room. Maiko and Mitsuru cleaned a blackboard- cleaner, that was quite impressive. After cleaning, I returned to the classroom with Ami and from there, went out of school with Kyouka, who had waited for us. I said 'Bye' and went off.

It was hot outside. At home, I qucikly changed clothes and ran to the post office (as I feared to arrive after the closing hour of 5 o'clock). I, however, arrived on time, send the letter and went back. I was very hungry but first packed my bag for the orientation. Then, I could finally use the PC and warm up my obento.(This was presumably the first time, I enjoyed being busy in Japan) The obento was really tasty. Checking my mails, I saw some interesting photos taken at ,my brother's confirmation. I also was very happy about a mail from my father saying that, after I come back, we will have dinner with a lot of relatives as a 'welcome back party'
Then, I studied a bit Kanji (chinese characters). My Japanese has become better, but communicating here at home still is difficult. There were a few corrections written in my diary note and I wrote a new entry for today. In half an hour, Wakari san will come back.
I told her (after she came back) that I had packed my bag and she again briefly explained the trains, I will take to me. 
Then, I went to bed

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!