6/17/2016

decluttering my drawing supplies

Hello guys!
You recognize a need to declutter when you spend a long time searching for something in a pile of things, you do not remember when you used them the last time.
This time, I thought that it was time to deal with the storage shelf of my drawing supplies. As you can see on the first picture, it are a mass of different pens, papers, materials and bags laying around without a particular order.

So, as with everything, I want to declutter, I layed all of the contents on the floor, sorted by kind.

(on the picture: I kept white number items and sorted out black numbered items)

My drawing supplies were:
1.) Cute letter paper and envelopes that I use for writing with my Japanese pen pals. (kept)
2.) A pile of blank paper (sorted out; put back into my family's supply)
3.) Copic marker (high- quality felt- tip pens that are often used for coloring manga) paper (put into another storage shelf- I will leave them there for a while and then decide, whether I really need or like them)
4.) Fimo supply (put into another storage shelf- I will leave them there for a while and then decide, whether I really need or like them)
5.) A box of different- sized rubber (kept; I will use them up)
6.) A role of thick strap (sorted out; put back into my family's supply)
7.) 8 roles of washi tape that I sometimes use for letters or instead of transparent tape (kept)
8.) 3 brushes (kept partly; I kept one thin and one thick brush, both of high quality)
9.) A set of pencils (sorted out; I do neither really like their design, nor are they of very high quality)
10.) 3 pencil cases (kept partly; I kept the Rilakkuma bear pencil case to insert the pens, I kept, the other 2 bags I used for store the fimo supplies (4.))
11.) A pile of small transparent bags, I originally planned to pack my fimo creations in (sorted out; put back into my family's supply)
12.) Stamps I use on letter (kept partly)
13.) 3 small, cute notpads (kept)
14.) Some baking sheets (sorted out; put back into my family's supply)
15.) A Tupperware box I had stored smaller pieces of fimo in (sorted out; put back into my family's supply)
16.) Copic markers (high- quality felt- tip pens that are often used for coloring manga) (as with the copic marker paper- put into another storage shelf- I will leave them there for a while and then decide, whether I really need or like them; as you can draw with these markers for free at a lot of conventions, I plan to do so after (possibly) sorting them out)
17.) Colored pencils I never used so far (sorted out)
18.) A Japanese flashcard- ring that I kind of keep out of moral obligation (kept)
19.) A box of colored brush- like felt- tip pens (kind of like the brushed you draw calligraphy with) (sorted out)
20.) A set of watercolor sticks (kept)
21.) A lot of different pens and pencils (kept partly)

So, this is what I sorted out for now;

The left 'column' includes all items I will definitely sort out, although I still have to figure out where to give it. The bottom row are things that I put back in my family's supply. The top row are supplies that I plan to keep in another storage shelf temporarily; after a while I will see whether I miss those items or can really sort them out willingly.



My drawing supplies shelf now includes a lot less items; my letter supplies, watercolor pens and rubbers, pencils and washi tape I will use up in the time.

As for pens I kept:
1.) 4 regular pencils whose design I really love. From now on, I will use them instead of my mechanical pencil
2.) 2 mechanical pencils whose design I really like, too. Those I will keep to use them later, because I really love  drawing with mechanicalpencils.
3.) 3 felt- tip pens that smell nicely. I will replace some of my actual felt- tips with them.
4.) A brush- like pen I sometimes like to draw calligraphy with.

Generally, I really like how this decluttering has turned out. Most of the items in my shelf are now items I really use and like. I also got inspired to draw more with watercolor pens. Being a person like me, who draws quite frequently does not equal having tons of drawing supplies. The supplies I used in the last months for drawing pictures really are just a pencil and a rubber

I hope, you enjoyed reading this and see you soon,


No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!