6/01/2016

travel2japan #69 She hates me

Hey guys!
So, I was in Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm now going to do this. 
Some background information:
I was in Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

 #69 She hates me
Real date: May 18th, Monday

Today morning, I woke up by hearing Wakari san shouting: 'Hopey! Are you up?' Shit, it was already lamost 7 o'clock. I hurried up to get dressen and quickly went in the kitchen. The breakfast was tasty but because I ate so quickly, I could not quite enjoy it. I apologized: 'I am sorry that I am tired because of the orientation camp' After breakfast, I watched a little TV with Kouta san. Wakari san drove Kouta san to the station. Because of the test, school starts just at 8:25, so I could walk to school a little later. On the way there, I thought about Wakari sans hat towards me (and again: she did not hat me)

In school, I talked a little with the people who all were studying for the test. I said 'Good luck' and 'see you tomorrow and went off the the library where I studied with Amber. I wrote in my diary. She, for some reason, took the English test. Her homeroom teacher came in and we talked a bit. Sometimes, Abers Japanese was better than mine. Her teacher also asked me, whether I want to take the English test as well but as I am not here in Japan to study English, I said 'no'. She went off with Amber to her classroom because she had to take the test there. Now, I am alone in the library. I want to do something together with Wakari san after school because she has free time but I think she hates me.
I feel alone and on my own. I want to go out with my friends but I do not exactly now how and what to do. Maybe, there are some interesting places in Oohara. I want to do something where I can talk a lot with my friends. but I do not know what. And Wakari san does not want to go somewhere with me as well so I feel alone and that is not good.
In my classroom, I sit at the very back but here in the library, I sit at the front.
Amber came back and we talked in Japanese, because it is easier. We also talked with some students in the library. One girl really praised my Japanese. I think, Ambers Japanese has really gotten better. Maybe, mine has gotten better as well (?), But still, I cannot say and understand a lot of things. (As you can see, I am a very competition- focussed person)
I do not really know, what to write about. Oh, yes, my calendar ^-^ (For serious) Before coming to Japan, I had always used this big calendar, I got from my aunt. But as it is big and not that pretty, I am not using it anymore. instead, I use the big sheet of paper, I got from school as calendar. It is amazingly useful, As I write using a pencil; I can erase something I wrote again easily. This is something, I will not have in Germany. As for writing a to do list, I plan to take a paper, laminate it and write my to do list on that in Germany.
Right now, my stomach growled but I am not really hungry. In 45 minutes, I can already leave school. Today was a really short schoolday.  I really am happy and feel like having a happy life. Wakari san is my only problem. She did not correct the last days of my diary notebook, maybe because she wants me to go soon.
I am just a little hungry, it is really okay. It is boring, because I have nothing to do and I am not busy at all. I am not tired but I just do not know what to write about because there is really nothing happening. But my hunger is really okay. I want Wakari san to say that my Japanese has improved, but not out of niceness.
(me counting down the minutes till I can go, stating how tired I am and how badly I want to sleep amonsts weird sentences) Everybody is packing stuff together, so I think I can leave. I left together with Amber. As she told me that she wanted to do something in the town and maybe eat an icecream, I asked a first grader to exlain her the way when we left. Then, I left as well.
At home, Wakari san was not there yet but she quickly came. A letter from my family had arrived, at last! Lunch was tasty but I ate a little too much and my stomach hurts now. Wakari san went off and I read the letter (my brother had written only a little, whereas my mother wrote two pages) answered it, cleaned my room and the stairs, ironed my blouses and sewed on the buttons to my school uniform (I remember being exetremely happy to finally have to opportunity to sew again and was astonished about Wakari san saying that she does not like sewing). I asked Wakari san about the park in the city but she replied that it is not interesting. As I got the feeling that she did not care whether I experience gong somewhere, I said that I will go there. She told me that I must not go and seemed upset.
Then, we went to GU to get short blouses for my summer school uniform. Now, I understood why she did not want me to go to the park. Today morning, she had told me that we will go to GU but I had understood that we will go there in two weeks. It was stupid of me what I did.
I bought two nice blouses. After that I should go to the library alone what gave me the feeling that Wakari san wants to get rid of me.
She told me to took my school ID card with me as I could maybe borrow books with it. At the library, I asked whether this is possible and somehow, I then got a library card made with which I borrowed a book about Instant Ramen noodles. I returned home.
Dinner was Tempura (fried fish and vegetables) that was tasty but a little charred. Because of medical care, Kouta sna returned home. (Usually he would have slept at another home on Mondays). I think that the relationship with my hostfamily is okay. At the orientation camp, Olivia had told me that the other girl from Sweden thinks about changing her host family.
In bed, I listened to some music. I listened to 'Follow The Sun' the first time in Japan. It reminded me of Berlin, my dream city.

I hope, you liked that part!
<-- Previous part (#68 the second truth)
Next part (#70 udon & tests) -->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!