6/11/2016

travel2japan #71 the buffet

source
Hey guys!
So, I was in Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm now going to do this. 
Some background information:
I was in Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

 #71 the buffet
Real date: May 20h, Wednesday

I woke up early today (yay). I was not tired because I looked forward to the day. Quickly, I made myself ready and then studied in the living room. My hostparents came and we ate together. Breakfast was tasty but the eggs were not that tasty.

When I went to the bathroom afterwards, Wakari san was already in there.. shit. While we drove to school, I wrote a little in my calendar. Even though the weather was good, the way was wet. For some reason, I felt really happy.
At school, I spoke with Ami in the classroom. :) My classteacher gave me my English communication exam that I solved in the library. Amber was doing her math exam and understood nothing as well. Whereas I had time to solve my mathematics exam at home (where I could look into my book), he just had this hour in the library. Her classteacher came in and we talked a little. 
My feet hurt a bit. I really like writing mails.
As school was short again, I then quickly returned home. Wakari san was still shopping, so I got on the computer and send some friend requests on facebook to other exchange students from WYS. When Wakari san came home from shopping, we firstly put the purchases into the fridge and then drove to the gym center Wakari san is going to. It is really huge, witht a LINK race, several gym areas, a hotel and a big buffet. So, Wakari san redeemed her 'once in a year a free buffet for 2 people' card and we went to the gigantic buffet.
I really ate a lot. I ate some green vegetable, spaghetti, scrambled eggs with rice and vegetables, beef with vegetables, some tempura (fried vegetables and fish), Curry rice with meat parts, one slice of pizza and two sliced of sweet bread. As for desert, I ate 5 small spoons of ice cream, one piece of cheesecake, a sweet and small bread, another small cake and strawberry yogurt. I drank some weird green juice and two times ice chocolate. Now, my stomach is full but it does not really hurt. It was all so amazingly tasty. Wakari san gave me a map of the building. While she was going to the gym, I took a long stroll, checked my messages and answered them, went to the toilet and di another small srtoll. at 4 o'clock, I met with Wakari san in front of the building and we talked a little. I ws still full and tired. At home, I straightly went to bed and laid there for a long while, but I could not sleep.
So, I went up, wrote some messages and then went to daiso (one- coint store) to buy a scarf I need for home economics. I asked if they had aprons as well but as a shopsman showed me, there were only really small aprons. At the bookstore, I only found a really expensive apron. So, I went to another shop where I got a nice apron for 600 Yen (about 6€). I went home, showed my purchases to Wakari san and read a little.
At 6 o'clock, Wakari san asked me about dinner. I said that I want to eat only a little, so she made a small potato and sausage grating and a big onigiri (rice ball) for me. Even though I was feeling full quickly, I ate it up completely. Wakari san asked me in English: "Are you enough?".
We watched TV and only talked a little and I again got the feeling that she hates me. I took a shower and went to bed. I really did not study a lot today. I listened to some music and then slept.

I hope, you liked that part!
<-- Previous part (#70 udon & tests)
Next part (#72 anger and the third realization) -->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!