6/14/2016

travel2japan #73 my regret

source

Hey guys!
So, I was in Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm now going to do this. 
Some background information:
I was in Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

 #73 my regret
Real date: May 22h, Friday

Today, I will not take an obento (lunch box) with me. I will get myself a pack of 8 slices of bread at the 7 11 store. I will eat one slice and leave the others for other occasions, for example my trip to Tokyo. I want to save money for my presents for the people here and back home and for trips I want to go on. So, this might be expensive.

I cleared out the dishwasher. When Wakari san prepared breakfast, she asked me where the pan is and I could show her :). Breakfast was tasty as always, but I want to eat less in the future.
Shortly after that, I went to school.
There, I talked a little with Ami and Kyoka and went to the library. Because of my hay fever, my eyes were watering. So did Ambers and although I did not want to ask in the first place, I asked her about it and, yes, she is homesick. Talking to her, I felt like a senpai (older, wiser person) everything, she complained about is something, I already went through and managed to do. So, we talked a long while and as it turned out, she has problems in her host family , because she has not really entered a club yet. So, I told her that I will ask friends of mine about their clubs. (This was something, I regreted for the rest of my student exchange. After I kind of integrated her into various clubs, I felt that she was kind of taking away my friends and mates of the club. So, I was jealous at her and angry at myself.)
The next lesson was P.E. We played basketball and it was okay, but I was not very good.  Aiko also sometimes does not answer me. Is this kind of a Japanese thing to do?
Then, I had calligraphy class. It was okay and I talked a little with a girl from there. Then, I went to the bread shop in our school and bought a small obento with noodles, sausage and vegetables and a bread filled with a sweet cream. It was very cheap. Some teacher came and told me somthing about Dutch and German water. I did not really understand. I went back to the classroom, ate lunch that was really tasty. The teacher came again and gave me a bottle of water that tasted quite normal to me. For me and my friends, it was, however, and entertaining situation.
In English, we just read something. Mathematics was okay. One girl felt asleep three times in the lesson. I wrote a bit in my notebook.
In homeroom class, everyone got a book its meaning I did not really understand. I scribbled a bit in my notebook and my teacher gave me my English and English communication tests back. I got about 80 %... mh, that's okay but not really good..
Then, we went to clean up and I talked with Ami. As I had to pay the home economics teacher money (for soem ingredients), I went  after I was done with cleaning. Ami said: 'I still have to clean a bit' and I asked: 'Do I have to stay, too?'  and she said no, so I went off to the home economcs room, handed in the money and saw a girl there. Today was Ikebana club again (it ws only once or twice a month) So, I asked the girl about it, but I think, she did not really understand me.
I went to calligraphy club. Amber was there writing and seemed happy. I still feel like a senpai to her, because I often help her or translate something for her. Club activity was short but really funny. We left earlier, I did not really understand, why. So, I wrote a message to Wakari san and left together with the other girls.
Nobody was at home. Wakari san was still at the gym and when she came home, she went into her room. I wrote messages and studies. Dinner was tasty. Wakari san asked me whether I want to have an extra onigiri, but I said that I did not want to.
Now, I am already 2 moneth here in Japan, almost half of the time here has passed. But I already did so many things here, so it will be still a long time here.
Wakari san did something in her room and I watched TV and looked over my English exam (it was okay). When I was about to shower, she (at last!) showed me how to adjust the temperature.
In bed, I listened to music and then slept.
For some reason, I remembered a quote saying; 'When I die, I will come to heaven, cause I already was in hell' Here, I feel like the opposite (I am in heaven). However, good night

I hope, you liked that part!
<-- Previous part (#72 anger and the third realization)
Next part (#74 other-people-are-visiting-our-school-day) -->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!