6/16/2016

travel2japan #74 other-people-are-visiting-our-school-day

source
Hey guys!
So, I was in Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm now going to do this. 
Some background information:
I was in Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

 #74 other-people-are-visiting-our-school-day
Real date: May 23h, Saturday

Today is the day that other people will visit our school. Today morning, I ate a little earlier breakfast. I talked a bit with Wakari san. She thinks that Amber will stay here till October and does not believe me that she will stay here till January. Also, she thinks that this other-people-are-visiting-our-school-day is not interesting.

Yesterday evening, I wrote my whole money diary for he time from April to May. I was astonished and a little anxious about the amount of money, I spend in the past month. I still do not know how to get this under my control. especially the aspect of buying food here. I spend a lot of money on this but on the other hand. it is a way of exploring Japanese culture. I do not know.
I went to school. Today is the birthday of some girl from class C. I was in the classroom with Kyoka, Naoka and Maito and wished the girl happy birthday. She got a lot of gifts, mostly sweets. Ami read a volleyball manga.
In the first lesson, I studied in the library. I am anxious because Amber's Japanese is getting better so quickly. The next lesson, biology, was okay as well. Everywhere in the school are students from middle school or sometimes parents. Going to the biology room, I explained the way to some mother and her daughter.
After biology, I went to Kendo (Japanese sword fighting) class. As a girl from middle school saw Amber and me, she was very astonished and I explained it to her ('so adorable~') In Kendo, we learned how to put on this heavy Kendo uniform. It was a bit uncomfortable.
The next lesson was health education where we watched a video called 'rokkusu no himitsu' about sex education. I was hungry and tired. We got a paper about the movie to fill in. I did not really understand the questions but wrote something down.
Then, we finally had lunch break. When I told Ami about my possible ideas for going out on a weekend, she said a lot of them to be impossible, what kind of astonished me. But as we plan to go to Disney Land or Disney See together, we started planning. It is expensive, but okay. We will maybe go there in July.
The time passed fast. We will already go out to Chiba city soon. When I have some time on my own today, I will make planes for going out. Maybe, now is a good time to start preparing parting presents. Oh, in 4 days, I will have arrived at the half of my student exchange here. And at the end of this month, I can already eat the next chocolate car. I am really happy here in Japan.
I want to study more Kanjis (chinese characters) The next lesson was music. So, I have music class with some firstgraders and they are so childish and annoying. The girls just constantly laugh about things that are not funny at all. I can speak to nobody at all, because everybody keeps ignoring me. When we sand for the first time, I went to the people singing in soprano. The girls told me that I had to go to the other group singing alt. I explained to them that I was singing in soprano and they seriously went to the teacher, asking what they should do now. Surprise, surprise, I could just sing with them in soprano. I really do not like music lessons and was happy when it was finally over.
In the classroom, there was my biology teacher and we changed seats I now sit in the middle rather in the front. On the seat before me sits Rina, but Ami sits very faraway. After homeroom class, I went with Ami and Kyoka to the posters about Germany I once made and looked at them.
We made the cleaning and Ami said that her club really is just once a month. She will tell me the next time, it takes place, ya~y!
At calligraphy club, I talked a lot with Kyoka and Hanako. I felt that I was a little annoying to them but I really have to speak more! It was fun to draw calligraphy. At home, Wakari san was not there because she is attending a kind of calligraphy event till about 10 o'clock. Kouta san, however, was there and I showed him my calligraphy.
We ate obentos, that was tasty. I checked my mails and facebook messages. There was one mail of my mother and one of my counselor saying that I should speak a little more English. I, however did not really understand the problem due to her using a lot of Kanjis (chinese characters). I do not understand it. As I am here in Japan, I should speak Japanese. Why is that wrong? It makes me sad.
I took a shower. For some reason, I did not bath today (even though it was a saturday) I slept early.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!