6/26/2016

travel2japan #77 family & friends

Hey guys!
So, I was in Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm now going to do this. 
Some background information:
I was in Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

travel2japan #77 family & friends
Real date: May 26th, Tuesday

I feel guilty because I used a lot of toilet paper for blowing my nose but Kouta san and Wakari san just seem to be sorry. Tomorrow morning, Wakari san gave me some tissues. In this moment, she really felt like a mother to me. Yesterday, Wakari san did not put all the sauerkraut in the obento (lunch box) but left some for me to try. Everyone is so nice here <3
Breakfast was nice and tasty. Kouta san still has to take medicine.
I went to school. Going there by foot always feels good. I have the feeling that my flu is already a little better.
So, we sat down in the new seating arrangement that I do not really like. The first lesson was chemistry, I understood nothing, as always. The teacher seems very strict to me. Next, we somehow had English communication. I worked with me new group. I do not really like the boy sitting in front of me. Then, I realized that I had forgotten to pack sportswear. Fuck. So in P.E., I asked the teacher and could participate by counting each team's points. It was okay, but I only spoke a little. It is annoying to go to the toilet to get new tissues withing every school break.Next, we had English. I forgot to make homework and when the teacher saw it, she said (towards the whole class): 'Do not write anything now. If you forgot your homework, make it later'. I do not know whether she was angry at me. I do not like my new working group.
Then it was lunch time, finally. I ate at my new place and it was tasty.
Next was library lessons with Amber. In mathematics, I got back the test. Out of 25 points, I had 8. This is dicey. I talked with a girl from mathematics class, but she talked in English what was really annoying. Again library. Then a short homeroom lesson after what I cleaned the biology room. There, I talked a lot with Ami san and we want to do something together this weekend :)
As I had told a lot of people that I went to Oohara this weekend, now, a lot of people asked me how it was. This was very nice because I now have really something to talk about.
Calligraphy club was fun. One girl had a photo of the club and we talked about it. Finally, Mitsu spoke some Japanese to me. One girl had forgotten her brush but stayed at the club for the whole time. When I asked for the reason, she said that her home is faraway. But if she leaves school in the evening, her home is not closer, is it? (I think that people do things like this for the sake of community) When I went out of the school, I saw the ESS club in our classroom. I went in, smalltalked a bit and Ayama gave me a green tea Kit Kat that ws really tasty <3
I also met my English communication teacher who is also the teacher of the tea ceremony club. She said that it was okay for me to go to the club once. It is also okay for Amber to come. This is nice, but I do not like the fact that Amber will come as well (jealousy, again).
At home, Kouta san was watching TV. I did my usual stuff. Wakari san came from the second floor and said that she wants to drive me to the hospital because of my flu. Because of a flu. To the hospital. Seriously. I said that I was okay and that this is not necessary. She told me that she had called my counselor (who had calmed her down a little) She wants to drive me to the hospital tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.
I have the feeling that I am causing problems. This is scary.
For dinner, we ate out- ramen noodles! =) I want everyone to know that I am fine and not sick. So, I ate my tasty ramen noodles very quickly (even though they were still hot) They were amazingly tasty and Wakari san was a little astonished. For some reason, I had not been hungry before dinner and I already felt full after a small amount of food. Kouta san had an immense portion of ramen noodles but only ate half of it and said he was really full.
At home, Wakari san went in her room and Kouta san and I watched TV and talked. I ate one of my yatsuhashi sweets and asked Kouta san if he wants some as well. He denied it.
I went to bed. I am already feeling better and did not use that much tissues today. This flu may be over in one day and I hope that I do not have to go to the hospital.

I hope, you liked that part!
<-- Previous part (#76 a sick trip)
Next part (#78 halftime -->)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!