7/10/2016

travel2japan #80 good

Hey guys!
So, I was in Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm now going to do this. 
Some background information:
I was in Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

travel2japan #80 good
Real date: May 29th, Friday

Today, I finally go up at 5 o'clock. I changed clothes, went to the bathroom and then did some Kanji practice and wrote messages. When Wakari san came downstairs at 7:15, she told me that we should buy medication today and that she will be in Ginza today only around noon, so she we be here in the evening. She seems very worried about my flu.
Then, we had tasty breakfast and I went to school. I took a umbrella, because it rained a bit. I am not homesick and school is fine. I am happy.

At school, I talked to Ina, in the classroom to Maiko, Rina, Kyoka and Ayama. Talking to Ami, I had the feeling that she does not want to go to Kamokura with me. She gave me a magazine about the Tokyo skytree, so nice! Today, the homeroom class was made by our biology teacher. Rina explained me things. After that, I left the classroom and went over the green bridge to the other building. It rained a bit.
I went to the calligraphy room for some reason, but quickly realized that we had P.E. now. This P.E. lesson was the last where we played basketball, from next lesson on, we will start tennis. I talked a lot to Ayama. Although my team somehow lost, it was fun. When the girls played, some girl unintentionally threw the ball to an gallery where a boy's glasses were laying and the ball broke them. At first, everybody laughed but shortly after, the girl started crying because she was worried. Some girls tried to comfort her, the others just left her alone. Because this is so (positively) better than it would be in Germany, I felt a little sad. It was so hot in the gym and I sweated a lot.
Then, I went to calligraphy class. I did not like it because I did not really understand a lot. The teacher drew everybody's name on sheets of paper, it was so beautiful!

Then, I quickly went to the 7 11 and bought a melon bread and Jagariko. Back in the classroom, I tried to talk to my friends about the trip next week, but nobody answered. The melon bread was tasty but did not taste like melon at all. I think, it is called like this because of its form. I distributed the Jagariko. They are small, long potato crisps. Because the dentist will come today, everybody brushed their teeth after lunch break.
Amazing drawing from a girl from math class
Next lesson was English. For some reason, our biology teacher was there. We got handed a sheet of paper and me, thinking that this was homework, made it quickly. As it turned out, however, this was the sheet for next lesson. I then finished my calendar (finally!) (a small anecdote about the topic minimalism: for the calendar, I used 2 sheets of printing paper from my host mother, a tiny scissors, I bought there any a 4-colors- pen I bought there as well. To bind the calendar, I figured, I needed a stapler but had no and did not want to buy one either. So, once in school, I saw a boy in front of me having a mini stapler and just asked to use it twice. This way, I had created my calendar with minimal supplies by just lending a few things from other people) and started working on it. Then, at the very end of the lesson, we went to another classroom, where the dentist was. It went really quick. Waiting in a row there, I talked to Ami; we want to watch a movie in the cinema of Soga (a town) next week. Quickly, I went to the classroom of firstgraders, where I have mathematics. I talked a little with a girl who drew amazing pictures. As I knew the new topic from German math class, I understood a little.
I went back to the classroom, where everyone again planned for the school trip in autumn. The students here can really plan a lot of things about their school trip themselves, amazing. I want to go, too. I almost forgot cleaning. I went to calligraphy club a little late. For some reason, I was feeling a little hungry and tired and left a bit earlier. In my classroom,  I talked a bit with Ayama from ESS club. After school, I quickly went to the 7 11 store to buy a sweet for her birthday tomorrow. On the way back, I spoke to 3 people. Maybe it's because I am not wearing my mask.

At home, Wakari san was there. She did not go to Ginza today. I made my stuff. We talked only a little. I read a little in the magazine, I got from Ami. When packing my laundry today morning, I (not intentionally) let a laundry bag fall to the ground. Wakari san told me and she seemed a little angry. Dinner was tasty, but big. We talked a lot and I understood a lot. I was happy. For dessert, I ate a Yatsuhashi and a small piece of cake. I took a shower. It rained a lot outside but that felt comfortable in my room. Today was good.

I hope, you liked that part!
<-- Previous part (#79 tea ceremony club)
Next part (#81 Chiba)-->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!