7/17/2016

travel2japan #83 friends & foes

Hey guys!
So, I was in Japan as an exchange student. And wrote diary; approximately three pages every single day. As I think it may be interesting translating the thoughts of an exchange student in Japan, I'm now going to do this. 
Some background information:
I was in Japan from March to July 2015(4 1/2 month). I lived in Chiba with a host family. 
I went there with the organization WYS (Word Youth Society).
Here we go.
(The text written in italics are comments, I added in retrospect)

travel2japan #83 friends & foes
Real date: June, 1st, Monday

Well, June has begun. Today morning, I got up at 6 o'clock. After breakfast, Wakari san drove Kouta san to the station and me to school. She said something about us going to the hospital today. I asked: 'Just to check?' and she suddenly got really angry and said: 'If you are ill, you have to go to the hospital'. Except for the word 'hospital'. she said it all in English. I replied 'I understood', but she was even angrier accusing me to alway say 'I understood', even if I did not. I said: 'Yes'.  She seemed really angry. Sadly, I went to school. I had to cry a little.

At school, I talked to people.
At Saturaday, Rina had not come. When taking purikura, however, we designed one photo by painting a Baymaxx on it (Ina's nickname was 'Baymaxx'). Today morning, we laid the photo on her desk and she said thank you and apologized for not coming.
Before school, I asked Ayama for her mobile phone number. I tried to write her a message, but it did not arrive.
From now on two weeks, people who are working on becoming teachers will visit our classes. In our class, a man (a biology university student) introduced himself. I went to the library and started practicing Kanji. Amber came in and seemed really not motivated. She asked me how much time I spend in my own room and the living room and I explained to her, that I am spending very little time in my own room to be with my host family often. She suddenly started crying and told me that she had problems with her host family. Her host mother told her to go to her own room after dinner, even though the rest of the family spends their time in the living room. She also told her that she will not continue to be her host family, if Amber will not join a club til the 12th of June. by that, she means a club, where Amber will go to at the weekends as well. I was shocked. Although I had some smaller issued with my host family, I never had problems like that. I was just shocked and not able to help her. I told her that I am having music class today, what I hate because of the childish people there and she said that she does not like it as well. Both of us are a little sad today.
My next lesson was biology. Out of a sheet of paper, we cut out pieces and glued them together to create a DNA string model. I cut out a heart and wrote 'friends' on it and gave it to Ami. She did the same. Then, I had Kendo (Japanese swordfighting) I was surprised, because I did not meet Amber in the changing  room, but she was already there. Both of us had forgotten our Kendo stuff, but hers was  for some reason in the Kendo room. It was, however, okay, that I had forgotten my stuff. Today, we really practiced Kendo for the first time. I am not good at Kendo and I do not like it either. I asked one girl there something and felt that she did not understand me, but she just did not answer. Only after I asked her 2 times, whether she understood, she replied that she did not. That is so annoying!
The next lesson was health education, that was tought us buy a young university student today. She was a little cute. I think the topic was checking one's own health, what really is interesting, but I barely understood anything. Then, it was lunchtime, but I did not speak that much. I want to take purikura with my friends on the 29th of this month here in this town.
a picture from the recipe book
In the library, I read a recipe book again. Next lesson was music class, where everyone was loud and annoying again. I was tired. We had to practice a song with the flute and very little people could really play the flute. I went to the people who had forgotten their flute and cleaned school flutes together with them. It were boys who were mature and not so annoying and nice to talk with.
From today on, I will not have to clean for one month, Because Kyoka is at a meeting for her student exchange this summer, she does not go to club activity today.
At calligraphy club, I talked a little and wanted to draw, but had forgotten my could not find my template paper. So, I tried to copy Kanjis from my former calligraphys but that did not really work out. Mitsu came back from a meeting from her class and she had my paper! I was really eased and left a while after that. On the stairs, I talked to a thirdgrader that I had thought to be a firstgrader, because she was so small. When I walked along my classroom, I met Ayama again and finally, my message had arrived. I want to take purikura with her as well (I got fixed by purikura pretty fast)

At home, Wakari san and I arrived almost simultaneously. For dinner, we had pizza. Although she asked me to chose a pizza, we distributed both in the end. We talked and I made school stuff. I opened the letter from my family, that had arrived and talked about it with Wakari san. Today was a good day.
After showering, I said to Wakari san: "Today was a nice day, wasn't it?" She replied: "Mh..".

I hope, you liked that part!
<-- Previous part (#82 police & cleaning day)
Next part (#84 coming soon) -->

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!